• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

Visited this area for the first time earlier this week fot work.Realy beautifull place,will definitly return someday to do some cycling.

The district roads are bit boring but good for training. There is a great trail thru the Potberg reserve and some private farms. It's between 53 and 65 kms depending on your choice of loops. Nice mix of jeep tracks, technical trail, rocky climbs and lots of A frames. R100 for a years permit is a bargin. The views are spectacular esp with the canola fields in blossom.

The district roads are bit boring but good for training. There is a great trail thru the Potberg reserve and some private farms. It's between 53 and 65 kms depending on your choice of loops. Nice mix of jeep tracks, technical trail, rocky climbs and lots of A frames. R100 for a years permit is a bargin. The views are spectacular esp with the canola fields in blossom.

I saw a few direction boards next to the road for cyclists and wondered what the trails beyond them were like.Where do you get the permits from?

The Trading Post shop at Malagas ( on the main gravel road to Infanta). No real map but it is well signposted, they do have a rather sad website with basic maps. Permits run August to August.

The Trading Post shop at Malagas ( on the main gravel road to Infanta). No real map but it is well signposted, they do have a rather sad website with basic maps. Permits run August to August.

Favorite pit stop spot on our travels passed there. 

Saturday Tygerberg Trails, nice little 68km cruze on a stunning Cape Town winters day

post-17321-0-76166800-1439297119_thumb.jpg

post-17321-0-24628300-1439297186_thumb.jpg

And then had a ""SUPER PROUD DAD"" moment, after my boy on only his second ride without training wheels, showed some serious natural skill in the single-track and the lower section of Meerendal  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

post-17321-0-98530800-1439297404_thumb.jpg

post-17321-0-93087300-1439297449_thumb.jpg

Cruizing around Germany

KLAP with two fingers under nose :ph34r:  :ph34r:

Hallo, Hallo in case you were wondering