• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

@Swiss, what tyres are those, they look pretty slick for those muddy paths. Could be fun.

Specialized Ground Control, a good all round tyre but not mud specific that's for sure.

Went and got a voluntary ass-kicking at Thaba yesterday. Managed to ride up the brick road on the Twin Tower climb seated, which I didn't manage previously. Also smashed a bunch of PRs on the downs, but I'm pretty sore from my shoulders to my pinkies today.

I'm starting to get more comfortable with this bike on the descents, and have realised it has a lot more headroom than my skillset allows. Just let the brakes go, don't manhandle it, and just let the monster truck bounce and ping and drift all over the show. It's the Motley Crue of bikes, rowdily hurtling forwards in a very loud, very rough, semi-out-of-control fashion unexpectedly quickly. 

So, this https://youtu.be/NrOemQaEJGU but with bicycles. 

Still haven't explored all of the blue routes, but I've covered probably 70% of them. This photo doesn't do it justice, but this is a super tough little sharp climb (which are littered all over the blue trails). So tough but so much fun!

post-131650-0-74878400-1604906900_thumb.jpg

And in Jozi, even our mtb trails have traffic.

post-131650-0-21056400-1604906924_thumb.jpg

Edited by TyronLab