• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

I rode some of the Kleinmond MTB trails this weekend. It goes from Kleinmond towards Arabella and is clearly marked. There are three routes, we did the "Red" route. I would recommend it for any one going out to that area. Day permits can be bought at the SASOL garage in Kleinmond

Hiding from the wind on Saturday!

(PS we only sit like that because we had the safety of a back-up bakkie behind us)

Paarl -> Wellington -> Bainskloof -> Mitchell's Pass -> Ceres, and back on the same route..

attachicon.gifstrava7801497983210960430.jpg

Brave cyclists plan their return leg into the south easter, Johan.  :devil:

I rode some of the Kleinmond MTB trails this weekend. It goes from Kleinmond towards Arabella and is clearly marked. There are three routes, we did the "Red" route. I would recommend it for any one going out to that area. Day permits can be bought at the SASOL garage in Kleinmond

I’m hoping to spend some quantity time down there in late December and early January, and will definitely give the trails a go.

Are the trails on the ocean side of the rod or the mountain side?

I’m hoping to spend some quantity time down there in late December and early January, and will definitely give the trails a go.

Are the trails on the ocean side of the rod or the mountain side?

The trails are on both sides of the R44. You start on the mountain side of the R44, and then cross to the ocean side, and  later back to the mountain side.

A day permit is R50, but a year permit is R250 (two hundred and fifty)

This morning at 6:45 I was going over Du Toits Kloof pass .... in the car.

Bellville had perfect weather, but climbing the pass there was one wicked wind !!!   :eek:

The view to the left was stunning though, from the comfort of the car.  :whistling:  :ph34r:

post-110956-0-08776400-1604331840_thumb.jpg

Near the top I passed a couple of "boys with their toys" ...  :drool:

post-110956-0-61688100-1604331944_thumb.jpg

And then the clouds rolled IN !

post-110956-0-21284100-1604331985_thumb.jpg

Imagine my surprise when I saw this rider ...  :thumbup:  RESPECT !!

post-110956-0-32037000-1604332020_thumb.jpg

The camera does NOT do justice to the limited visibility.  One of those situations where you switch hazards and proceed with caution ....

Edited by ChrisF