Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

Sheez I just turned the playback speed down to 0.25 and watched that jump again...

Couple of things stand out: 

The wind really grabbed you hard and pushed you off the line fast.

That big rock at the bottom just waiting for you to headbutt it...you sure you missed it?

In fact I was actually considering for a moment riding there late yesterday arvie but noticed the wind and decided to skip instead. Last time I tried riding a techie trail in the wind I ended up with a broken arm and some serious concussion also due to being pushed off the line by a gust.

All in all you're mighty lucky to come off relatively unscathed from that one.

I think the top of my head hit that rock and that broke my helmet. lucky it didn't damage my pretty face  :lol:  :lol:

This morning my ear still is not so great and scalp feels not so great. But nothing too bad I'll do my session on the road bike today and hopefully go do my recon saturday. There's still that A line on the Lombards Climb that I haven't tried. All the rest I'm happy with (as long as it's not windy)

• Replies 30.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

What a fantastic morning for a ride  :thumbup:   :clap:   Simply perfect weather.  The mist in the low areas pointed to very slight chill in the air.

post-110956-0-79295200-1618048990_thumb.jpg

The colour play of the rising sun onto the autumn leaves ...  :w00t:   :thumbup:

post-110956-0-27589800-1618048833_thumb.jpg

Did I mention the fantastic show of colours .... even saw a few Mamils in their natural habitat  :thumbup:

post-110956-0-83195600-1618048888_thumb.jpg

post-110956-0-79148500-1618048925_thumb.jpg

A nice early coffee .... 

post-110956-0-67975000-1618048957_thumb.jpg

Even after the coffee the colour show just kept on delivering more awesome memories .....

post-110956-0-80130700-1618049529_thumb.jpg

post-110956-0-43690600-1618049544_thumb.jpg

This must have been one of my slowest rides in a very long while .... I kept on stopping to soak up the beauty all around .....  We are truly blessed

post-110956-0-85293200-1618048940_thumb.jpg

Furthest ride for me by some stretch, thanks Velo lads and lasses.

J2DIvwx.jpg

Edit: The Social Media post that went with it:

Today I did something which I really believed I would never do. And I'm not quite sure why I thought that, to be honest. Perhaps I was thinking that I wasn't capable of doing it, or that I didn't really have the ambition of doing it. Perhaps I was comfortable with what I was already doing and didn't see a need to do more. And perhaps, I thought that by falling through a JoJo tank nearly 18 months ago and fracturing my hip and elbow, I would never be able to do something like this, ever. 2020 was tough, for everyone, and just as I started recovering from my accident, COVID-19, lockdown(s) and restrictions happened. And then life happened. And then the wheels came off. It took me a really long time to get out of that slump, but towards the end of the year, I had to give myself a stern talking-to and realised that only I had the ability to get myself back on track. I came up with a plan, and to date, have stuck with it. In a little over 3 months, I went from doing silly 30km rides and suffering, to doing a 130km ride and suffering. But this time, I actually enjoyed the suffering. And that brings me back to a quote I heard a few weeks ago, "When things go wrong, you need to be honest with yourself. Learn from the bad things, and if you need to cry, you cry, but learn. Make the mistakes, trust in your talent, trust in your ideas, trust in the way you want to do things." And to this quote, I would like to add, "Just try. You need to try. You may even end up surprising yourself." Consider me surprised.

Edited by bertusras

Still have some twitching in my hamstring from last weekend's ride... so did a 50km with some sprint intervals rather than a 100k slow burn.

Was fun though

attachicon.gifstrava4859050700926320282.jpg

Twitchy hamster - let me do some Saganesque sprints. 

You're a beast. 

What a fantastic morning for a ride :thumbup: :clap: Simply perfect weather. The mist in the low areas pointed to very slight chill in the air.

A-10.jpg

The colour play of the rising sun onto the autumn leaves ... :w00t: :thumbup:

A-2.jpg

Did I mention the fantastic show of colours .... even saw a few Mamils in their natural habitat :thumbup:

A-3.jpg

A-4.jpg

A nice early coffee ....

A-6.jpg

Even after the coffee the colour show just kept on delivering more awesome memories .....

A-7.jpg

A-8.jpg

This must have been one of my slowest rides in a very long while .... I kept on stopping to soak up the beauty all around ..... We are truly blessed

Beautiful pics, I also was at bloemies this morning trying to get some confidence back after my big crash on thursday ????

Back home to wash my mountain bike - did a short hard local event - 38km and 800 elevation - plus 10 there and 10 back home

Was nice to “race”

Nice bike, but a BEAUTIFUL SIGN in the background, I am a wannabe collector of Petronalia, and that REALLY gets my motor revving...!

I think it’s repop ( not original), but Pegasus signage is the Colnago of sign collectors...!

Chris

Edited by Zebra

Nice bike, but a BEAUTIFUL SIGN in the background, I am a wannabe collector of Petronalia, and that REALLY gets my motor revving...!

I think it’s repop ( not original), but Pegasus signage is the Colnago of sign collectors...!

Chris

It’s original and I didn’t pay much but I’ve had it for a long time - it’s so neat it looks fake