• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

Where are you based now?

For the last 3 months temporary in Glentana/GrootBrak and trying to get back home in Kuala Lumpur -which is home these days.

* got caught out with the travel restrictions during a wedding visit here.

Edited by Zatopek

Pat Morewood office in Howick

Yes. The name PYGA came from his Taiwanese colleagues, he told me.

Pat Morewood office in Howick

Yes. The name PYGA came from his Taiwanese colleagues, he told me.

The Highveld in winter, dreary and drab, still that deep blue sky and a bike ride somehow are soothing to the soul [emoji41]

I only spent 6 months of my life at Klipdrift near Potchefstroom and it was through winter and spring. The dusty drabness of winter got to me.........but then SPRING arrived and it was like it even lifted my spirits. Was quite something for a boykie who grew up in the Karoo (where it is always brown and spring only comes maybe once in a decade) and then lived in the Cape (where it is always about the same green). I fondly remember that sudden transformation from ugly duckling to swan!!

the river fog was out this morning....thick...but fun riding through until it cleared...or again didn't clear...lovely am out..the mornings have something special to bike riding recently in these troubled and uncertain times for all..

post-99642-0-84525600-1590914053_thumb.jpg

Edited by daveno7

I opted for a late start today. Left home at 10am (gasp, horror) and for the first time in a month had a warm and pleasant ride! I like the odd early morning winter ride but its not habit forming for me!

If you start heading out onto the trails please take some pliers with you, I found two snares out on my ride today....
post-12678-0-23572400-1590918315_thumb.jpg

post-12678-0-92356200-1590918424_thumb.jpg

post-12678-0-62322800-1590918443_thumb.jpg

..............If you start heading out onto the trails please take some pliers with you, I found two snares out on my ride today................

Really hate those things. Make a point of taking the wire with you, not to just take it apart.

Really hate those things. Make a point of taking the wire with you, not to just take it apart.

Ja, i had it in my bag....looks like old bicycle brake/gear cable....good thing those branches were bent like that or I would not have seen that! I just keep a cheap pair of wire cutters in the bag.