• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

Tokai as usual dodging the rain.

For the first time that I can remember I was the only name in the entry log and the solitude was magnificent.

i know what you mean, a few weeks ago i went and it was pissing with rain, i decided to go up to the mast (for the first time ever), not another soul past DH3.

not a positive temperature past about half way up the tar road either with the wind chill and the fact that i was inside a cloud...

After suiting up this morning for what was supposed to be a 4 hour, undulating ride, I returned after only 100m (too freaking cold).

Then went for a 90 minute MTB ride (at 13:30) to Rietvlei and back, IN SHORT SLEEVES (shorts and shirt) - got to love African winters.

Local trails around Windhoek - nice afternoon ride

Just love them Fat bikes!! Looks like a lot of fun on 2 wheels and you get 2 water bottle holders!

Spot the fish eagle. So chuffed. I always hear the bugger, never see it.

post-44041-0-11606400-1409407644_thumb.jpg

My all time favorite bird, used to see a pair of them when climbing around Harties, haven't been that side in a few years though.

Spot the fish eagle. So chuffed. I always hear the bugger, never see it.

post-44041-0-11606400-1409407644_thumb.jpg

Dunno if it is the beer. But,I dont see the Osprey

My all time favorite bird, used to see a pair of them when climbing around Harties, haven't been that side in a few years though.

Ditto. Love them. I once went rowing a paddle boat towards what I thought was fish eagle only to get closer to find it was a plastic bag and then the tide came in and I had to walk the boat home :( things I do for sightings.

Stop die horlosie! Found it! Cool Uni

Hahaa not the greatest pic, but with the beer goggles the birds are supposed to look prettier.

It was actually a lot closer than what the pic depicts just high up and my phone can't zoom so well. Watching it take off was awesome too.