Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, gemmerbal said:

Haha. Trying to fix it 🙈🤣

If all else fails .... rotate the pic, then take a screen shot, load the screen shot.

Some cameras photos just dont play nicely ....

6 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

If all else fails .... rotate the pic, then take a screen shot, load the screen shot.

Some cameras photos just dont play nicely ....

Ja i see the “live” function on the iphone might be the reason. Cropped the photos and reloaded, seems to be right side up now? 

On 9/22/2022 at 8:04 AM, NotSoBigBen said:

Having a tough time of it lately ... having just recovered from my last fall. 

Went for an easy spin this past Saturday, took my customary picture and a few K's later came to grief. No idea what happened, woke up in trauma ICU. Was sent home yesterday, still have a mild concussion and some abrasions ... just rest for a while now! Neuro surgeon says I may or may not remember what happened. All indications are it was a hit and run, some runners found me

IMG-20220922-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20220922-WA0001.jpg

Ag, nee. Sterkte, oom!

so ends a weeks leave....cycling has been a  massive help recently...so glad I am able to have even a bit of time to get out into nature...a bit of peace and quiet and away from the urban jungle for a bit..and found a new coffee stop....

20220924_122255.jpeg

Edited by daveno7

21 minutes ago, NotSoBigBen said:

Still nowhere ... this concussion is a bliksem to get over 😫

Looking at some options to replace the Look's fork but actually just want to sleep most of the day ....

Take is easy; concussion is not just a headache and some forgetfulness. Look after yourself.

Lizzie Banks (Femail Pro, and on The Cycling Podcast) has said there isn't a book on how to recover from concussion. She has said that screen time needed to be reduced, so posting here for you to read is counter productive. At least the podcasts you can listen to; it's some good knowledge that she has shared.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/service-course-the-concussion-protocol/id665713706?i=1000564796228
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/service-course-lizzys-return/id665713706?i=1000526752230

Ian Boswell, too, has some things to say.
https://thecyclingpodcast.com/friends/banks-boswell
https://audioboom.com/posts/7478604-ian-boswell-on-concussion-and-retirement

Havent been cycling much lately. Been fishing and also slowly getting back into the water to bodyboard. Over the last 3 weekends I have ended up here twice, because the curator is an old friend of mine( we go way back) and his wife happened to be in my class through High school.

Also my wife trades here most weekends, but seeing as my Moms family is originally from Simons Town and Claremont the opportunity to just look through the history is awesome.

1.jpg.cb8cda94feb8fc8d4a95a62e876d9ee9.jpg2.jpg.526e80b6782253c2a7df594c8cbec9e5.jpg

This past weekend just reopened my eyes to the fact that there are still struggles out there proving that some people just dont change in regards to racial abuse etc. 

5 hours ago, NotSoBigBen said:

Still nowhere ... this concussion is a bliksem to get over 😫

Looking at some options to replace the Look's fork but actually just want to sleep most of the day ....

20220926_072106.jpg

Sleep is good, and rather stay away from screens for a while. I had a bad concussion in 2016. It took me a good few months to clear the cobwebs and fog. And a few years to have the post concussion syndrome reduced to a manageable level. 6 1/2 years later and I still have moments. Concussion is not something to take lightly. Rest is key, and don't try to force your recovery.