• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/18/2023 at 11:18 AM, NotSoBigBen said:

Like you neither do I but I do read the 'news' every so often .. I assume my wife and I are part of the 10 people who were in bed Sunday night at 9 as well 😜

You were not alone, wife, 2 kids and 5 dogs. Next day at school, show of hands who watched the rugby…my guy showed a hand…

14 minutes ago, Stoffel76 said:

Are any of the mtb trails open again?

No, the damage has been extensive. I do not know what happened to the upper section of the Black Route or the eastern side of the Red Route below Rotary Drive. In my opinion they will have to do a complete re-design of the trails, the Blue Route has taken a hammering, in more than one section hundreds of meters of the trail is simply gone,  it will take many many months.

26 minutes ago, Mr Legs said:

No, the damage has been extensive. I do not know what happened to the upper section of the Black Route or the eastern side of the Red Route below Rotary Drive. In my opinion they will have to do a complete re-design of the trails, the Blue Route has taken a hammering, in more than one section hundreds of meters of the trail is simply gone,  it will take many many months.

Regarding upper Black route, I was at Moggs (up towards the top of Hemel en Aarde) last weekend, and their comment was that when they went up to look, the trail "simply doesn't exist anymore".
Huge mud slides have covered stuff meters deep in places.