Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

Banhoek Conservancy Trails on Sunday. 35km + 1000m of awesomeness.

That looks great. How do you get there and where does it start?

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

That looks great. How do you get there and where does it start?

Unfortunately at this stage it is not open to the public. We met the trail builder who took us on the ride. They use the trails for races etc. I know the Origin of Trails goes through there. Also some off-road triathlons and trail runs. They are working on getting some sort of permit system going but will take a while.

Unfortunately at this stage it is not open to the public. We met the trail builder who took us on the ride. They use the trails for races etc. I know the Origin of Trails goes through there. Also some off-road triathlons and trail runs. They are working on getting some sort of permit system going but will take a while.

Awesome. Best keep the actual location under wraps until then. I hope your strava segment was set to private!

Awesome. Best keep the actual location under wraps until then. I hope your strava segment was set to private!

What do you mean "awesome"? That ride looks just great for us Jonkers-starved individuals. Showing photos of it is just cruel, like holding food out for a dog and telling him not to eat it....

Does the trail-builder take bribes?

:whistling:  

Good to see trails built at Banhoek. The reason I stopped going up near there (old trails nearby) was the safety aspect, its close to some danger spots... Hope traffic through there will make it safer and not a target. Or am I just worrying too much?

Good to see trails built at Banhoek. The reason I stopped going up near there (old trails nearby) was the safety aspect, its close to some danger spots... Hope traffic through there will make it safer and not a target. Or am I just worrying too much?

this is all on private land, no public access. Obviously this is no guarantee of safety but our guide seemed quite confident. He did mention the safety issues from before but that was on the public land.

this is all on private land, no public access. Obviously this is no guarantee of safety but our guide seemed quite confident. He did mention the safety issues from before but that was on the public land.

OK, good to know. There is huge potential in that area. Any chance of a hub preview? [emoji2]