Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

Not too bad today actually, around 19-20.

But...

The clocks went back last night, so the big freeze begins soon, methinks...  :wacko:

Thats a scary thought ❄️❄️❄️... But the uk has some lovely country roads to explore . The scenery is stunning .

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

Decided to Try Barry's Point on Saturday :eek:  :eek:  :eek: :oops:  :o  ....it was hectic. After analyzing the rock faces like 4 times I eventually plucked up the courage to ride them....held on for dear life but was awesome. Even the very first piece I meesed up a few times until I got it right. All the uphills sections walked and one part of a downhill section.

Man alive, that track is seriously advanced and you need lots of fitness and skill but i'm chuffed  I rode a lot of it. I could not upload all the pics as they too big but there do not do that track any justice. It's hair raising (for me anyway).

post-57045-0-88530300-1477891586_thumb.jpg

post-57045-0-32724100-1477891603_thumb.jpg

post-57045-0-26341500-1477891617_thumb.jpg

post-57045-0-33088000-1477891650_thumb.jpg

post-57045-0-89520100-1477891676_thumb.jpg

post-57045-0-66996400-1477891894_thumb.jpg

post-57045-0-50723900-1477891959_thumb.jpg

post-57045-0-56374600-1477892054_thumb.jpg

Decided to Try Barry's Point on Saturday :eek:  :eek:  :eek: :oops:  :o  ....it was hectic. After analyzing the rock faces like 4 times I eventually plucked up the courage to ride them....held on for dear life but was awesome. Even the very first piece I meesed up a few times until I got it right. All the uphills sections walked and one part of a downhill section.

Man alive, that track is seriously advanced and you need lots of fitness and skill but i'm chuffed  I rode a lot of it. I could not upload all the pics as they too big but there do not do that track any justice. It's hair raising (for me anyway).

The fact that it's called 'Barry's' makes me know that it's not even worth my while to try ... skills for days that oke 

The fact that it's called 'Barry's' makes me know that it's not even worth my while to try ... skills for days that oke 

Jislaak, it was no joke. My nerves were shot after that. To make it worse, you come out back onto the new twin towers green/blue route where you have that single track section going up to that rock section and came out at the top of twin towers. When I saw where I came out, I just went onto the orange route back to the car :blush: , ill be dammed if was going to do that all over again.

Fantastic me-myself-I Atlantic ride!

Saw this WARNING to all poachers lying under the Sentinel in Hout Bay. (One of our marine patrol ships) Quite appropriate!

Great photo!

Somewhere in the Karoo. photo A Masters

Nice pic indeed.  One of the reasons I need a gravel grinder.

Edited by Sepia

Decided to Try Barry's Point on Saturday :eek: :eek: :eek: :oops: :o ....it was hectic. After analyzing the rock faces like 4 times I eventually plucked up the courage to ride them....held on for dear life but was awesome. Even the very first piece I meesed up a few times until I got it right. All the uphills sections walked and one part of a downhill section.

Man alive, that track is seriously advanced and you need lots of fitness and skill but i'm chuffed I rode a lot of it. I could not upload all the pics as they too big but there do not do that track any justice. It's hair raising (for me anyway).

Would these be the rocks you speak of ????? It gets easier the more you do it . Pics do that section of thaba a complete injustice . I started in flats at first on that section.

Not recommend to do it in the mud ...it's just a tad hairy ????????...white knuckle stuff.

Good on you for persevering.most would of said sod that and walked. Only way to get better skills is tits on that kind of terrain. Nice mate.

post-51529-0-99723700-1477906130_thumb.jpeg

post-51529-0-09455700-1477906141_thumb.jpeg

post-51529-0-28317800-1477906151_thumb.jpeg

post-51529-0-07158800-1477906162_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Pikey

Would these be the rocks you speak of ? It gets easier the more you do it . Pics do that section of thaba a complete injustice . I started in flats at first on that section.

Not recommend to do it in the mud ...it's just a tad hairy ...white knuckle stuff.

Good on you for persevering.most would of said sod that and walked. Only way to get better skills is tits on that kind of terrain. Nice mate.

Yup, that looks like them dude. The one had two white dots to show you the line and when I walked over to check the line, I walked back to my bike and the line just looked crazy from a far, way more scary, so had to walk back to the where the line was and told myself to just follow. Walked back to my bike (dropper post a must), took a long hard swallow, held on and pedaled...held on and just let the bike do most of the work. 

Heart pounded so hard that if I had a heart rate monitor it would have exploded..lol..Rode both those rock faces but there was a lot I walked, like the ups and some of the last downhill section but didn't car I I rode those rock faces. Lets not discount the first section, the entrance, it's probably harder and more nerve wrecking...toke me like3-4 times to get it right. I hit brakes soon after cos I got a little scared, walked back up, did it again, hit brakes, walked back up until I eventually just did it.