Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

Yup, that looks like them dude. The one had two white dots to show you the line and when I walked over to check the line, I walked back to my bike and the line just looked crazy from a far, way more scary, so had to walk back to the where the line was and told myself to just follow. Walked back to my bike (dropper post a must), took a long hard swallow, held on and pedaled...held on and just let the bike do most of the work. 

Heart pounded so hard that if I had a heart rate monitor it would have exploded..lol..Rode both those rock faces but there was a lot I walked, like the ups and some of the last downhill section but didn't car I I rode those rock faces. Lets not discount the first section, the entrance, it's probably harder and more nerve wrecking...toke me like3-4 times to get it right. I hit brakes soon after cos I got a little scared, walked back up, did it again, hit brakes, walked back up until I eventually just did it.

the first is difficult but because it drops of those rocks and turns left at the same time. So it's hard to get s flow going. And there is pretty much zero margin for error there. It's that step down that makes it difficult. But even pedaling up the pallet is hard there's no easy parts in Gravity boulders. But damn it's so much fun when you hit them all perfectly,it's over so quickly .

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh and following the white dots on the rock face is definitely the easy (easiest ????) way down even if it's looks like it's not .

Edited by Pikey

the first is difficult but because it drops of those rocks and turns left at the same time. So it's hard to get s flow going. And there is pretty much zero margin for error there. It's that step down that makes it difficult. But even pedaling up the pallet is hard there's no easy parts in Gravity boulders. But damn it's so much fun when you hit them all perfectly,it's over so quickly .

Yes, that little step down makes it super hard and if you get that wrong then you toast. That where I kept stopping and getting off the bike until eventually I got it. That immediate left then goes into a super steep rocky climb, I stopped, looked at it, got off the bike and walked...hahahaha....that Barrys point felt like it took me hours..

Kudo's for doing it Alan,most would of given up or not bothered. Don't underestimate how difficult some parts of thaba are. It's hurts when you fall on rocks hence why most stay away from it.

'gets easier the more you do it' Pikey you make me laugh sometimes  :w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:

lol am here for your amusement ????????????????????

Did you ride all the way to the point, or turn around at the gate? Last time I was there I think they wanted something like R110 for me to enter on my bike. I only had an emergency R100 note in my pocket, so I said "no thank you", and went for coffee and a croissant at Café Olympia in stead. 

Did you ride all the way to the point, or turn around at the gate? Last time I was there I think they wanted something like R110 for me to enter on my bike. I only had an emergency R100 note in my pocket, so I said "no thank you", and went for coffee and a croissant at Café Olympia in stead.

No. just did the 75km loop. Hout Bay. Simonstown. Past the reserve. Ocean view. Back over chappies. Home.

My lady did her first full ride clipped in so that was great. And I tried a new fueling strategy that was also a great success. Did the whole ride without feeling like I was anywhere near bonking. I even stood and cranked that last 400 or so meters to top out of Chappies

I'm not so sure I'd want to cycle in the reserve. What with all the tour buses and narrow roads.

Edited by Duane_Bosch