Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

Not that I'm in any position to give advice on line choice. But that little double step after the nice new berm. I set up waaay wide. So I totally miss the first step. The problem with my approach tho is that it tightens the next corner and there's a crash risk on the outside of that right hander just after the 2nd step.

Not telling you what to do. Just telling you what I do.

I used to do that too, but I have a problem with drops and I wanted to straighten that following corner as much as possible after Brenton got himself skewered on a branch when he slid wide....

Problem with drops will only be sorted by doing more of them.

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't believe either of those bikes are yours...where's the animal upgrade on the bars..? ;)

Early days - who gets to ride up shotgun up front with me, pride of place is a choice not to be taken lightly :D

I've been spending some time in Copenhagen and checking out the local trails. Most are pretty chilled dual track dirts paths with the occasional simple single track popping up. On my next trip I'll be heading to some "built trail" called Hareskoven - pics to follow....

post-2412-0-22864900-1480325408_thumb.jpg

Edited by Eldron

You caught up nicely after the tar road crossing, Raydek seemed "miles" ahead before the crossing[emoji23] .

Cos I forgot to turn the cam on!!! So I slowed down a bit.

Best first half was when I was chasing Craig McCosh and Wayne (rides an ibis mojo hd3) - 2 riders FAR faster than me - and was staying with them.

But I don't have proof of that.

Wanted to go ride earlier, but that did not happen... So I made a quick route of my own.

Pretty nice although the wind was quite hectic, but enjoyed it a lot!

Time was not on my side, as I needed to go fetch my grade 12 books.  :thumbdown: 

http://i.imgur.com/D3ElRna.jpg

I've been spending some time in Copenhagen and checking out the local trails. Most are pretty chilled dual track dirts paths with the occasional simple single track popping up. On my next trip I'll be heading to some "built trail" called Hareskoven - pics to follow....

Aaah new adventures

So nice

Looks Brrrrr

One of our friends is immigrating to Cape Town next month, so I planned a riding weekend to Howick/Karkloof for us as a farewell for him.

The hub is filled with amazing people and we were fortunate to not only meet, but get a guided show around the Howick MTB club's trails on Friday by Chainsaw and Blondonabike, thanks so much you two!

it'd been raining heaps and still was on Friday, but that did nothing to dampen any spirits...

WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!!!!!

The trails are amazing!

We "only" did a 30km ride, but as we soon found out 1 midlands km is not the same 1 Jozi km :eek:

So much of fun and flow!

attachicon.gifIMG_1438.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_1435.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_1440.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_1442.JPG

Dude as always ???? Pics

Took Slight refuge under a tree from the blistering heat . 2 days out of 3 and 4 laps of the extended (new pieces ) thaba loop later and am feeling my legs. Wendell does such an awesome job there keeping the trials in order. Its a fairly tough 50km double loop with 800m of climbing. There is some rocky terrain like twin towers & Samuel ( oh otb today and shoulder charged a rock) that can make it tougher .

But I love it and never get bored . And there's still loop A & B but that's wkd stuff ????

It's got some ridiculous amount of ascent in the 2 loops.

post-51529-0-26903000-1480623382_thumb.jpeg

post-51529-0-23986000-1480623394_thumb.jpeg

post-51529-0-33193300-1480623405_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Pikey