Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

Is this on the Wellington road, after that laanie-ish estate on the right, if you're heading into Stellenbosch? The one with the Spar?

Looks a lot like Coetzenberg, just after "Varsity Dropout".

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

Got to the office and I was a bit.... moist....

That's what she said  :clap:

Hectic though and the sole reason I own a car

e412681377d7e2cce0db566b9dda9b1b.jpg

e3a7678548ed1b1d6e3780040ea5eb9a.jpg

b92bb128d719ae8b48b7bad4ec9534a1.jpg

Its that time of the year again... some good base miles this week, as the weather is looking good and wet this weekend. The Helderberg and Boland is so colorful this time of the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Filled up my car last Saturday and have not driven it since. It's a toy for me. My bike is my main transport. 

Filled up on Thursday .... 600km in 4 work days !  :eek:

being able to commute is a privalidge when my work allows the time for it ....  ENJOY your commute.  :thumbup:

Not that I want to commute during a rainy Cape winter.  :ph34r:

SPUR League Somerset West ....

Wee bit of rain on the day ....

post-110956-0-64340100-1528550580_thumb.jpg

Sub-nippers (7 to 8 year old kids) race was cancelled .... but they were allowed to do a few laps with the bigger kids doing pre-race practice rounds ....

post-110956-0-47816500-1528550684_thumb.jpg

Thus Maritz's first race was a non-starter  :wacko:  .... But MAN, did he have FUN !!  :clap:

post-110956-0-78553900-1528550731_thumb.jpg

post-110956-0-32487600-1528550788_thumb.jpg

post-110956-0-45985100-1528550822_thumb.jpg

post-110956-0-14409700-1528550912_thumb.jpg

post-110956-0-02298200-1528550948_thumb.jpg

2nd time in 24 hours that his bike is washed and serviced ...  :whistling:   :oops:

THANKS to SPUR and the organising team !!!!  We ENJOYED the day !!

Edited by ChrisF

A very smoky Sani Pass with fires raging on the high mountainsides.  Roadworks have already started below the border post to widen and tar so anyone still wanting to mtb it should hurry!  Tough climb but awesome scenery, next time a 32T chainring is getting fitted  :eek:  :eek:

post-41145-0-42180600-1528556027_thumb.jpg

post-41145-0-98582400-1528556052_thumb.jpg

post-41145-0-03543300-1528556083_thumb.jpg

SPUR League Somerset West ....

Wee bit of rain on the day ....

attachicon.gifSPUR SW 2018-124.jpg

Sub-nippers (7 to 8 year old kids) race was cancelled .... but they were allowed to do a few laps with the bigger kids doing pre-race practice rounds ....

attachicon.gifSPUR SW 2018-101.jpg

Thus Maritz's first race was a non-starter :wacko: .... But MAN, did he have FUN !! :clap:

attachicon.gifSPUR SW 2018-103.jpg

attachicon.gifSPUR SW 2018-109.jpg

attachicon.gifSPUR SW 2018-110.jpg

attachicon.gifSPUR SW 2018-119.jpg

attachicon.gifSPUR SW 2018-122.jpg

2nd time in 24 hours that his bike is washed and serviced ... :whistling: :oops:

THANKS to SPUR and the organising team !!!! We ENJOYED the day !!

He would have had a jol racing in that weather. So happy for the rain for you guys and the Cape in particular.

PS: I like the GoPro on his stem.[emoji106]

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Edited by BSG

SPUR schools League - Somerset West 2018 :

THIS is the stuff memories are made of ....  :thumbup:   :clap:

PS - BSG I had my doubts about mounting the GoPro there .. thought it would shake too much.  But it came out rather nicely.  In the YouTube clip I am merging some clips I took from the side of the track with the camera ....  WOW !!  I was running up and down that slope be there when the trail snaked back .... PROPER workout .. :ph34r:

Edited by ChrisF

A very smoky Sani Pass with fires raging on the high mountainsides.  Roadworks have already started below the border post to widen and tar so anyone still wanting to mtb it should hurry!  Tough climb but awesome scenery, next time a 32T chainring is getting fitted  :eek:  :eek:

attachicon.gif24.jpg

attachicon.gif23.jpg

attachicon.gif21.jpg

I recall when i did Sani Pass years ago on my Mongoose Duel Sus and it was Epic. I got really sick the day before we left and felt quite ill and an upset stomach. To top it off, that same night we got completely wasted and it took me so long to find my Room in the dark but before i could get to my room i had to find the toilet which took painfully long...lol..

Eventually found my room and crashed hard and my buddies had to really wake me up. Got my gear on and off we went feeling the worst i have ever felt. The one chap we rode with was a super fit freak and gave me some serious energy drink stuff and i swear it started to make me hallucinate, i saw goats but when i got closer to it, realized it was a big rock....hahaha.,..although there real goats also...lol

It took me like 4 hours to get up that pass. We then got to our huts, went to that pub (Highest pub in Africa..or something like that) and got some awesome grub and a few beers. The next day we did some exploring around and all this while im still nursing a hangover and sickness.

The descend down took about 30-40 minutes and and i had a mixed feeling about the whole trip: Sooo happy it was over and i could go home and recover but also so excited i had the opportunity to do it :-)

I recall when i did Sani Pass years ago on my Mongoose Duel Sus and it was Epic. I got really sick the day before we left and felt quite ill and an upset stomach. To top it off, that same night we got completely wasted and it took me so long to find my Room in the dark but before i could get to my room i had to find the toilet which took painfully long...lol..

Eventually found my room and crashed hard and my buddies had to really wake me up. Got my gear on and off we went feeling the worst i have ever felt. The one chap we rode with was a super fit freak and gave me some serious energy drink stuff and i swear it started to make me hallucinate, i saw goats but when i got closer to it, realized it was a big rock....hahaha.,..although there real goats also...lol

It took me like 4 hours to get up that pass. We then got to our huts, went to that pub (Highest pub in Africa..or something like that) and got some awesome grub and a few beers. The next day we did some exploring around and all this while im still nursing a hangover and sickness.

The descend down took about 30-40 minutes and and i had a mixed feeling about the whole trip: Sooo happy it was over and i could go home and recover but also so excited i had the opportunity to do it :-)

Mmm, perhaps not a UCI sanctioned energy drink  :ph34r: sounds like an epic trip.  

post-41145-0-68934300-1528569977.jpg