Cyclist who kneed a five-year-old girl to the floor on Christmas Day for blocking his path successfully

OVERDRIVE

6 hours ago, Robbie Stewart said:

You're pulling a fast one, right? Truly, you can't be serious?

I'm dad to a five year old. A couple months back we were on the beach when a unleashed German Shepherd came charging straight towards her. Within a twinkling of an eye I was invading the owner's personal space winding up to send him to ER with his wife talking me down from extreme and grievous harm. That man has likely never been so close to needing extreme medical intervention. When it comes to my daughter and me, it's a case of f around and find out. I don't care how wide you need to chuck your knees, touch my child and you better make sure I didn't see you, want jy gaan k@k.

Did they manage to get you back on your leash?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this thread and article is a perfect case in point on why global news/socials/forums and general internet 'nowness' is causing cancer, depression and a whole heap of other social issues.

There is a proper term for it, but basically it has to do with people being exposed to so many different points of interest and engagement (in this case in a negative way) which effects the reader emotionally, despite the news having absolutely zero bearing on ones life.

It's quite complex and I am not the sharpest tool in the shed, but basically people are emotionally invested in way too many things they can't control and have no business being invested in that it is causing all sorts of issues with the brain and body.

People hurt other people's kids all the time. The fact that the Catholic church is still a thing despite it's history astonishes me. 

If someone hurt your kid, or you hurt someone's kid, then deal with it, but this is just simply a case of 'hahahaha look, another person is a total twat. Who would have thought?'

People are, by in large, crap. We should stop feigning surprise and becoming outraged every time the news points this out 😜

2 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

I think this thread and article is a perfect case in point on why global news/socials/forums and general internet 'nowness' is causing cancer, depression and a whole heap of other social issues.

There is a proper term for it, but basically it has to do with people being exposed to so many different points of interest and engagement (in this case in a negative way) which effects the reader emotionally, despite the news having absolutely zero bearing on ones life.

It's quite complex and I am not the sharpest tool in the shed, but basically people are emotionally invested in way too many things they can't control and have no business being invested in that it is causing all sorts of issues with the brain and body.

People hurt other people's kids all the time. The fact that the Catholic church is still a thing despite it's history astonishes me. 

If someone hurt your kid, or you hurt someone's kid, then deal with it, but this is just simply a case of 'hahahaha look, another person is a total twat. Who would have thought?'

People are, by in large, crap. We should stop feigning surprise and becoming outraged every time the news points this out 😜

Reminds me of duty calls….

IMG_0030.png

6 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

This is an incredibly insightful analysis. 👏 

Also outrage releases dopamine. Social Media people know this...so they inundate us with outrage to keep us scrolling, so they make more money. Unfortunately it's affecting ours and kids brains.

https://hub.jhu.edu/2019/09/25/molly-crockett-social-media-outrage/

On 9/8/2023 at 9:51 PM, Mamil said:

What a bizarre world we live in. I'm no lawyer but public filming and non commercial publication of filmed or photographed events is legal in a constitutional democracy. I would wonder if the  defamation must have arisen from some accompanying commentary or similar that said something not factually present in the recording.

Actually it’s not in most of Europe. You’re not allowed to post picture/video of ppl without their consent.

54 minutes ago, JeanCs said:

Actually it’s not in most of Europe. You’re not allowed to post picture/video of ppl without their consent.

And the fine tradition of European street photography ...  Cartier Bresson etc....??

I don't think you are correct. A cornerstone of all democracy is that what happens in the public sphere is public knowledge and, subject to libel laws and laws pertaining to the advertising of products, is in the public domain. 

Hmmm... a little bit of research tells me it's a mixed bag in different parts of the world. Strikes me as bizarre given that there are cameras on all of us all of the time.

Google Henri Cartier Bresson.

Edited by Mamil

8 minutes ago, Mamil said:

And the fine tradition of European street photography ...  Cartier Bresson etc....??

I don't think you are correct. A cornerstone of all democracy is that what happens in the public sphere is public knowledge and, subject to libel laws and laws pertaining to the advertising of products, is in the public domain. 

Hmmm... a little bit of research tells me it's a mixed bag in different parts of the world. Strikes me as bizarre given that there are cameras on all of us all of the time.

Google Henri Cartier Bresson.

I am french and know the law, Look it up. At least here in France, Belgium ( where this incident occurs) and a lot of different European counties (except the UK) it’s illegal to post pictures/videos of someone else without their consent. France even goes further and you’re not even allowed to take pictures of ppl without their consent ( paparazzi are mostly illegal here)

how is it a cornerstone of democracy? It’s to protect individuals privacy. 

2 minutes ago, JeanCs said:

I am french and know the law, Look it up. At least here in France, Belgium ( where this incident occurs) and a lot of different European counties (except the UK) it’s illegal to post pictures/videos of someone else without their consent. France even goes further and you’re not even allowed to take pictures of ppl without their consent ( paparazzi are mostly illegal here)

how is it a cornerstone of democracy? It’s to protect individuals privacy. 

And that’s the way it should be. 

the cyclist is a ****, let’s not argue that. But posting his visage online was against the law. Simple. 

5 minutes ago, JeanCs said:

I am french and know the law

this sentence right here is enough to make me question anything that you post.

My experience has taught me that anyone that starts by saying this is talking utter bollocks 

1 minute ago, The Ouzo said:

this sentence right here is enough to make me question anything that you post.

My experience has taught me that anyone that starts by saying this is talking utter bollocks 

How so? It’s pretty common knowledge here that you can’t post other ppl’s picture online