Unbound 2024

Stephan

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, Danger Dassie said:

The guys that flew to unbound and then bought some Walmart bikes, one cannibalised as spares. Legends!

I read that, cruiser bikes. I think I saw a picture that the one guy put a power meter on the rubbish crank? 

This, too, is my goal one day. Go to *insert major general goods retailer* to buy a bike, ride some race with it, and see if I can turn it for a profit on the other side. 

11 hours ago, Kom said:

Super high quality production - the story behind some of the athletes is very "drive to survive" better than daytime telly 😆

I enjoyed this highlights package. Yeah, they copied the Drive to Survive format a bit, but you can see the impact of Top Gear in almost every car reviewer YouTuber all these years later...

1 hour ago, mecheng89 said:

I read that, cruiser bikes. I think I saw a picture that the one guy put a power meter on the rubbish crank? 

This, too, is my goal one day. Go to *insert major general goods retailer* to buy a bike, ride some race with it, and see if I can turn it for a profit on the other side. 

Yes! That’s a level of silliness I can subscribe to 🤣

On 6/3/2024 at 12:19 PM, Jensie said:

Jeez, to ride for 9+ hours all the time on the pedals like that..Huge respect. Glad for Lachlan and Dylan J. That 10th place was a victory for him. 
9 woman sprinted for the win, 🤯

Recon Dylan is 9th with proper cable tuck 🤣😜

“Complaint that we sprayed each other with water bottles as two ‘gay cyclists’”: Dutch ex-pros spend hours in U.S. cell after training ride

https://www.hln.be/wielrennen/klacht-dat-we-elkaar-met-waterflessen-besproeiden-als-twee-gay-cyclists-nederlandse-ex-profs-urenlang-in-amerikaanse-cel-na-trainingsritje~a57bea70/

Several Dutch sources are reporting this with 95% the same words.

As if the Unbound gravel race isn't tough enough. Dutch ex-pro riders Laurens ten Dam and Thomas Dekker were arrested for “indecent behavior” after their training ride in the United States. Ten hours in the cell instead of on the bike. “Within five minutes there were five police cars.”

Some 24 hours after Dekker arrived in the United States, the cyclists were sitting in two police cars handcuffed and driven to jail in Oklahoma. Ten Dam tells this in his podcast Live Slow Ride Hard. The Dutch riders wanted to have lunch at a Mexican restaurant after a three-hour workout, and decided to freshen up in the parking lot using some bottles of water.

“After Thomas rinsed me off I quickly changed my pants between the car doors,” Ten Dam says. “But as I'm doing that, I hear someone across the street yelling very angrily.” The man across the street was not amused that Dekker was rinsing off 'in his bare ass.' Moments later, several officers entered the restaurant and the two were arrested for public indecency. “We were outside with the cop and within five minutes there were five police cars,” Ten Dam said. “At that point the guy comes back to us and yelled that Thomas should be thrown in jail.”

Based on the accusation made by the angry man across the street, both men were handcuffed and taken to jail. “The charge stated that we sprayed each other with water bottles as two gay cyclists,” Ten Dam said. The riders had to pay bail of $185, and it was not until hours later that it became clear they did not have to appear in court. They did not walk out of jail until 10 hours after the arrest.

1 hour ago, peepeekaitjie said:

“Complaint that we sprayed each other with water bottles as two ‘gay cyclists’”: Dutch ex-pros spend hours in U.S. cell after training ride

https://www.hln.be/wielrennen/klacht-dat-we-elkaar-met-waterflessen-besproeiden-als-twee-gay-cyclists-nederlandse-ex-profs-urenlang-in-amerikaanse-cel-na-trainingsritje~a57bea70/

As if the Unbound gravel race isn't tough enough. Dutch ex-pro riders Laurens ten Dam and Thomas Dekker were arrested for “indecent behavior” after their training ride in the United States. Ten hours in the cell instead of on the bike. “Within five minutes there were five police cars.”

Some 24 hours after Dekker arrived in the United States, the cyclists were sitting in two police cars handcuffed and driven to jail in Oklahoma. Ten Dam tells this in his podcast Live Slow Ride Hard. The Dutch riders wanted to have lunch at a Mexican restaurant after a three-hour workout, and decided to freshen up in the parking lot using some bottles of water.

“After Thomas rinsed me off I quickly changed my pants between the car doors,” Ten Dam says. “But as I'm doing that, I hear someone across the street yelling very angrily.” The man across the street was not amused that Dekker was rinsing off 'in his bare ass.' Moments later, several officers entered the restaurant and the two were arrested for public indecency. “We were outside with the cop and within five minutes there were five police cars,” Ten Dam said. “At that point the guy comes back to us and yelled that Thomas should be thrown in jail.”

Based on the accusation made by the angry man across the street, both men were handcuffed and taken to jail. “The charge stated that we sprayed each other with water bottles as two gay cyclists,” Ten Dam said. The riders had to pay bail of $185, and it was not until hours later that it became clear they did not have to appear in court. They did not walk out of jail until 10 hours after the arrest.

Yup that’s ’Merica billy bob

They can be thankful to be Dutch and not from Uganda, they probably would've been shot dead

Edited by Jbr

They’re a weird bunch over there in the states.

I rented a car in Orlando while on holiday there 2 years back. I approached a robot and then realised I was in the wrong lane. Before I got to the robot I obviously then moved over into the correct lane next door. But I was kinda half in one lane, half in another. A cop then pulls up behind me puts his siren on and of course I pull over. What happened next was like literally out of a movie. I then had to slowly get out of the car, hands behind my head walk backwards while this dude is literally pointing a gun at me. He then does a full on search on me all because a bit of my car was in another lane. Absolutely bonkers!

1 minute ago, Bub Marley said:

They’re a weird bunch over there in the states.

I rented a car in Orlando while on holiday there 2 years back. I approached a robot and then realised I was in the wrong lane. Before I got to the robot I obviously then moved over into the correct lane next door. But I was kinda half in one lane, half in another. A cop then pulls up behind me puts his siren on and of course I pull over. What happened next was like literally out of a movie. I then had to slowly get out of the car, hands behind my head walk backwards while this dude is literally pointing a gun at me. He then does a full on search on me all because a bit of my car was in another lane. Absolutely bonkers!

You should try looking Arabic in Mississipi….

On 6/6/2024 at 4:04 PM, DieselnDust said:

You should try looking Arabic in Mississipi….

As a dark skinned, hook nosed bearded arab, I once made the mistake of wearing a rich green t-shirt that said 'Don't panic, I'm islamic' while catching a flight from NYC to Toronto... 6 hours later and a cavity search later they looked at my passport....