as received

index.jpg

Baldie strikes again

image.png.9e5388bcfc9f3757a4425f5082787b4c.png

Edited by splat

28 minutes ago, splat said:

Baldie strikes again

image.png.9e5388bcfc9f3757a4425f5082787b4c.png

Think that's an older post incident, ie wasn't this morning i was a lone ranger on table mountain this mountain. Saw a few runners at Rhodes mem side but vredehoek side is dead quiet.

This afternoon should be interesting... Yesterday SANParks was stationed in a view point not easily see able above where this "hotspot" is.

9:45 this morning this guy walking in the middle of the road on that little one way service road that goes from the CBD to the cticc underground parking…everything about his body language screamed get the fk away from him. As I was moving more and more to right side of the road he was clearly moving to intercept me until I noticed that brick in his hand… took a swift turn into the underground parking (just about managed to stop before hitting the barrier). He carried on walking in the street.

I reported the incident to the parking guard and told him to call the police. He checked the guy out from a distance and said he was going to take care of him… he looked in no rush to do anything though… hope the mofo doesn’t hit anyone else today…

6 hours ago, cadenceblur said:

See another incident near Spaanschemachtriver road as well!😡

More detail on this?

On 12/13/2022 at 11:54 AM, Meezo said:

as received

index.jpg

Honestly, nobody can be trusted nowadays. A guy I know almost had his bike stolen at the tokai bootleggers when a skollie dressed in cycling kit took his bike and attempted to ride away. A bit too clever for my liking haha

6 hours ago, cadenceblur said:

See another incident near Spaanschemachtriver road as well!😡

This is getting ridiculous. I have to cycle that rout alone generally at least once a week, and it won't be fun if I have to look out for people trying to steal my bike (as well as runners). All I want is to be able to go home safely without fearing my safety. This is an upmarket area for the most part, so the fact that these criminals haven't been caught yet is all the more surprising and dissapointing.

Yesterday morning while driving to Contermanskloof I pass a Bravo Mike walking on the side of the road while openly holding a rather large knife in his right hand close to the quarry, across the N7 from Dunoon.

There were no cyclists on the road at the time but I still often see people riding there, often alone.

Today after a ride at Bloemendal I turned into the Contermanskloof road again on the drive home and then I see a lone rider coming from the Bush Pub side.

I am stumped by the amount of cyclists who still think riding their bikes there is a good idea.

It seems that stupid is an incurable disease.

• 2 weeks later...

Was just pulled of my bike main road Kenilworth.  4 youngsters. One grabbed my handle bars. I went down hard!  Thief tried to ride away but chain was off. Luckily a vehicle with workers turned to give chase.  Retrieved bike in Wetton and Main. Thief had run away. Bike messed up. 

Edited by firewolf

Yesterday on Wynberg bridge two guys were accosted by 6 gentleman. From the whatsapp msgs I've received, the 1 guy was ahead and put his hand in his pocket when he saw the gentleman and he went past unscathed, they however attacked the rider at the back and made off with his bike down the side of the bridge. After a few phone calls to a few not so nice people, the bike was eventually recovered in Salt River from a known buyer who pays between R1000 and R2000 for a bike, the victim had to pay R1000 to get his bike back!! 

Imagine having to pay to get your own bike back because your own police service are so useless and they could literally catch the known buyer of stolen bikes but to them it's not a big deal. Begs the question whether said buyer is the reason there are so many bike jackings in the Salt River/Woodstock area as it's quick money for the crooks and a quick getaway in those side roads in Salt River.

Edited by FootballingCyclist

4 minutes ago, FootballingCyclist said:

Yesterday on Wynberg bridge two guys were accosted by 6 gentleman. From the whatsapp msgs I've received, the 1 guy was ahead and put his hand in his pocket when he saw the gentleman and he went past unscathed, they however attacked the ridet at the back and made off with his bike down the side of the bridge. After a few phone calls to a few people, the bike was eventually recovered in Salt River by a known buyer who pays betweek R1000 and R2000 for a bike, and the victim had to pay R1000 to get his bike back!! 

Imagine having to pay to get your own bike back because your own police service are so useless and they could literally catch the known buyer of stolen bikes. Begs the question whether said buyer is the reason there are so many bike jackings in the Salt River/Woodstock area as it's a quick getaway.

Please get the details of the known buyer in salt river? I know the community watch people there and most of the residents in that area are VERY unfriendly towards crap like this. They’ll sort them out….

Edited by MORNE

Just now, MORNE said:

Please get the details of the known buyer in salt river? I know the community watch people there and most of the residents in that area are VERY unfriendly towards crap like this. They’ll sort them out….

I don't know the victim personally. I'm just passing on what was received/forwarded on our WhatsApp group unfortunately. The story about the buyer was in a VN and unfortunately those can't be shared here.

1 hour ago, FootballingCyclist said:

Imagine having to pay to get your own bike back because your own police service are so useless and they could literally catch the known buyer of stolen bikes but to them it's not a big deal.

Likely because the buyer has the cops in his pocket too.