Post your mtb SS

_Daemon_

To respond to the XD driver body single speed adapter question, i found only two solutions exist :

iIDQBYz.png WJ8Wg0M.png       

Getting it in SA is where the difficulty and costs started. At the beginning of the year, when searching, I could only find stock of the Zinger adapter globally from JensonUSA and they were one of the very few places to ship directly to SA.

Another note. If you do go with one of these options, best you buy some extra cogs with your order as I am yet to find locally available 6 bolt cogs.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To respond to the XD driver body single speed adapter question, i found only two solutions exist :

Zinger XD Singlespeed Adapter Kit | https://problemsolversbike.com/article/fresh-solution-zinger-xd-singlespeed-adapter-kit

iIDQBYz.pngWJ8Wg0M.png

Gusset SRAM XD fit 1-ER SS Kit | https://www.gussetcomponents.com/shop/hubs-and-cassettes/xd-1-er-kit/

RWsSWNg.png89qNOrF.png

Getting it in SA is where the difficulty and costs started. At the beginning of the year, when searching, I could only find stock of the Zinger adapter globally from JensonUSA and they were one of the very few places to ship directly to SA.

Another note. If you do go with one of these options, best you buy some extra cogs with your order as I am yet to find locally available 6 bolt cogs.

Can you use a derailleur as a tensioner and do this with a ds?

Can you use a derailleur as a tensioner and do this with a ds?

the guys that do crazy stupid jumps sometimes do ... or at least I am sure I have seen this ... I recall seeing something recently where a rear der is broken down to make a tensioner as you do not need the lower pulley.

Gavin R a good many years ago also pitched up for a SS Race on his Titus duallie sporting a single gear setup tensioned with a der.

the guys that do crazy stupid jumps sometimes do ... or at least I am sure I have seen this ... I recall seeing something recently where a rear der is broken down to make a tensioner as you do not need the lower pulley.

Gavin R a good many years ago also pitched up for a SS Race on his Titus duallie sporting a single gear setup tensioned with a der.

Sweet. I’ll dig a little because I predict that my gears will start irritating me soon.

You can SS a DS, but the ones with big chain growth become very annoying.

I would also recommend using a short cage or road RD as a tensioner (you do get 'caged' tensioners too) as the normal ones break or throw the chain.

I also tried the thing with one pulley froma  busted derailer but I didn't work as I imagined and was only going to be A solution until the tensioner arrived , which is why I used A derailer as the above post 

post-46013-0-97702000-1594996206_thumb.jpg

post-46013-0-84578400-1594996212_thumb.jpg

Sorry for the potato quality but we're still using A image uploader from 1824

the tensioner looks much better , makes little too no noise ( i swapped the crap chines pulley for one of the XX1 pulley's I have laying around )

No drops yet And I dont expect any 

post-46013-0-91305300-1594996291_thumb.png

For A DS I recommend something like this , looks da business and will last forever 

I might cost you A few bucks tho ( I'd expect between 400-700)

Thats the one I was thinking of... I made one using a short cage XO RD and long limit strews.

Not as tidy but it works like a dream.