I have an idea for a new thread...

TNT1

It sure is Teahupoo, but there's been some bad Photoshop.... No ways some of those guys would just be sitting up and floating over at that point, it will drag you right over the falls, if you don't paddle like hell to get over it....and yeah, proportions look all weird...

• Replies 78.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

Also a nice pick I saw over the holidays....

This is also heavily shopped. The original is MUCH more mellow. Even if you normalise the horizon, it's been tampered with. Mate of mine found the original & following 2 frames on the surfers FB page. 

Here's what he had to say about it...

"OK this time with the exact same frame used... seeesh, this isn't rocket science.

Knowing a little about Photoshop, just a small bit, i have taken the time to set up a comparison with a mask.. as you can see, the photographer shot with straight horizons. The digital fake has been rotated and cropped to give the impression of (a) a photo shot whilst swimming really close the impact zone at Mavs... (b) a drop that is damn near impossible.

IMHO, the altered shot takes credit away from (a) the photographer: Bastien Bonnarme who is one of the world best big wave swimming photographers, and (b) the surfer: Kai Lenny."

And here's the comparison

15873531_10157753036865538_3084652216146

A couple of years ago the Middleburg dam level was so low our eMalahleni engineers were planning how to get water from our dam to the Middleburg dam.

Then it started raining hard and in less than a week the Middleburg dam wasfull

Living next to dam makes one realise the effect drought and rainfall has onour dams. Our dam has gone from 38% to nearly 80% since November. Our usageis about 2% per month

So these are Sylvester Stallone's daughters? Going to be a rocky road for anyone who wants to date them! (Get it, get it? Rocky? You get it?}

MV5BNDMzMzQxODQ3NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTM0

Golden Globes indeed, hur hu... Hang on wait.

http://pixel.nymag.com/imgs/slideshows/2017/golden-globes/11/GettyImages-631243870_master.nocrop.w840.h1330.2x.jpg

Will look for a link later...But a former colleague, Jeremy Gordin, worked for the local version of Playboy - the first incarantion - and a young Charlize put herself up to be the first local centre spread. He later wrote about it..."I saw Charlize's Golden Globes"... after her Monster success.