• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

9d4b39fc6d1385d71a9d0a2ecb19daa7.jpg

Ha ha....its pathetic though....those d**s*s should have built bigger dams years ago.They cant organise stuff all.Dont get me started on the roads

Edited by Kranswurm

Ha ha....its pathetic though....those d**s*s should have built bigger dams years ago.They cant organise stuff all.Dont get me started on the roads

Problem is the apartheid government built the dams too big. If they were smaller, they would be fuller....

#truestory

Problem is the apartheid government built the dams too big. If they were smaller, they would be fuller....

#truestory

I know you are pulling the piss but seriously Steenbras was there when I was in the army and thats a friggen long time ago

I was involved in both the Steenbras and Drakensberg Pump Storage Schemes and ....i have forgotten what was involved it is so long ago

I know you are pulling the piss but seriously Steenbras was there when I was in the army and thats a friggen long time ago

I was involved in both the Steenbras and Drakensberg Pump Storage Schemes and ....i have forgotten what was involved it is so long ago

The Steenbras Dam was built before your grandfather was in the army - how long ago is that.

No more dams can be built in the WC. They are going to raise the Clanwilliam Dam by 10m or more but don't know if it will help us.

18622612_10154848648534125_7087467029884

And no helmets [emoji33] [emoji102]

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

The Steenbras Dam was built before your grandfather was in the army - how long ago is that.

No more dams can be built in the WC. They are going to raise the Clanwilliam Dam by 10m or more but don't know if it will help us.

Yeah agree with you, Raising the dams will only help if we have the rain.

The irony is that IMHO Cape Town is probably the most proactive city when it comes to attempting to be water wise. I have seen the councils offer tanks at reduced rates and a few other initiatives to home owners in the attempt at becoming less reliant on "drinking water". They encourage grey water usage and borehole and so on. Up here where I stay there is bogger all like that. I have/am paying a lot of money to make my home more water wise. Its been a while since my toilets have used "tap water"(using rain water, but its almost all gone as I cant keep much yet) and a lot of my grey water goes into the garden(very rarely need to water with a hose anymore). It will take me time to get it to where I want as its expensive but I can already see a big difference in my municipal water usage each month.

Do you mean the WC provincial government? Building dams is a national government responsibility.

If it wasn't for the big storm a while ago Gauteng would have been in trouble as well.

Now if the people would stop wasting water it would help a lot. From washing taxis in the townships to larney complexes irrigating their gardens with municipal water.

Do you mean the WC provincial government? Building dams is a national government responsibility.

If it wasn't for the big storm a while ago Gauteng would have been in trouble as well.

Now if the people would stop wasting water it would help a lot. From washing taxis in the townships to larney complexes irrigating their gardens with municipal water.

If you want to save water, we need to understand where the usage originates.

I don't have the stats on hand, but last I heard, personal consumption and residential usage is dwarfed by that of industry?