I have an idea for a new thread...

TNT1

Las Vegas

Officially the strangest place I have ever visited. Truly a monument to fakeness, some would say to make belief.

I recall crossing a big street with a verge and a beautiful green hedge in the middle and thinking how serious you have to be to keep a hedge like that going in the middle of the desert (I'm a Karoo boy).........then realized that it was entirely made out of plastic.

Strange place, but I did have some fun losing money while there.

• Replies 78.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

Officially the strangest place I have ever visited. Truly a monument to fakeness, some would say to make belief.

I recall crossing a big street with a verge and a beautiful green hedge in the middle and thinking how serious you have to be to keep a hedge like that going in the middle of the desert (I'm a Karoo boy).........then realized that it was entirely made out of plastic.

Strange place, but I did have some fun losing money while there.

Never been there but really want to go. My best mate moved to the US 2 years back and has invited us over(they stay in some small town far north but it's still an excuse to go). I googled the places we would like to go see and Las Vegas was one of them, The google earth image is so weird. Literally in the middle of nowhere.

That'll buff out [emoji23]59c91cc906825ae093422e43bde90e54.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

New adjustable geometry technology - Transitions from long to short wheel base. Looks like the wheels are adjustable too  :ph34r:

there are a few places low down on my wishlist of places to visit. Las Vegas didn't even make the list, along with Mogadishu, Lagos, etc

An associate of mine is currently there on holiday for their 2nd visit. Apparently the first time she and her husband were there, they heard a commotion out on the street from their hotel room, and went to investigate. Lo and behold, there was guy advertising that for a $100, you could kick him in the nuts. A few police officers were casually observing the scene, not overly fussed about the offer.

Sadly, they did not see the bloke get any takers. They went again because of the complete absurdity of the place. Apparently you really don't sleep when your'e there, as there is permanently something to see.

But ja, I'm with you on the fact I'm personally not interested. I would like to go visit Dubai again, as I was there in December last year. 

An associate of mine is currently there on holiday for their 2nd visit. Apparently the first time she and her husband were there, they heard a commotion out on the street from their hotel room, and went to investigate. Lo and behold, there was guy advertising that for a $100, you could kick him in the nuts. A few police officers were casually observing the scene, not overly fussed about the offer.

Sadly, they did not see the bloke get any takers. They went again because of the complete absurdity of the place. Apparently you really don't sleep when your'e there, as there is permanently something to see.

But ja, I'm with you on the fact I'm personally not interested. I would like to go visit Dubai again, as I was there in December last year. 

Dubai is another place that doesn't even make it to the bottom of my list.