• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

Paternoster... if I ever win lotto, I'll have a holiday house built there.

Reminds of when I was a laaitie when I went caravaning with the folks and family down the South Coast. My uncle and my old man used to pick Mussels from the rocks and cook them, if they weren't fishing. Fresh seafood for days.

been to Paternoster recently?

Some serious socioeconomic issues, mainly around huge unemployment, kreefsmokkeling, petty tehft/housebreaking and tik addiction.

Sort those out and it will be lekker again.

Oh, and don't forget your 6mm (and by that i mean wetsuit)

funny you mention vultures.

main topic on 50/50 last night

https://youtu.be/UZT7UHJS9dA?t=85

I was in the Southern Drakensberg recently and one morning we could see vultures circle very high overhead. I could make out 2 species and I knew one would be Cape Vultures, but the other one I could not identify, so I asked our guide. He immediately said "bearded vulture!, have you seen them before?" I said no, and he said we'll call them closer later on. So, halfway through the days climb, when we took a rest, he made us all lie down with arms outstretched and keeping still. Playing dead in other words. Within 10 minutes, suddenly, as if out of nowhere, a bearded vulture appeared around the mountain and glided past us at a distance of no more than 20 metres. What an impressive bird. Two metre wide wingspan! Massive! I very quickly made like I was alive! Fantastic experience, although for a few seconds I did get the feeling of being bait!

Sigh. Why the f... would anyone want to f... up a perfectly good tree like that?

The forest with the holly trees is on private land and the drive thru was started in 1922.

I was in the Southern Drakensberg recently and one morning we could see vultures circle very high overhead. I could make out 2 species and I knew one would be Cape Vultures, but the other one I could not identify, so I asked our guide. He immediately said "bearded vulture!, have you seen them before?" I said no, and he said we'll call them closer later on. So, halfway through the days climb, when we took a rest, he made us all lie down with arms outstretched and keeping still. Playing dead in other words. Within 10 minutes, suddenly, as if out of nowhere, a bearded vulture appeared around the mountain and glided past us at a distance of no more than 20 metres. What an impressive bird. Two metre wide wingspan! Massive! I very quickly made like I was alive! Fantastic experience, although for a few seconds I did get the feeling of being bait!

Wow, that must have been awesome!!

been to Paternoster recently?

Some serious socioeconomic issues, mainly around huge unemployment, kreefsmokkeling, petty tehft/housebreaking and tik addiction.

Sort those out and it will be lekker again.

Oh, and don't forget your 6mm (and by that i mean wetsuit)

We went there for a day visit in December 2016, didn't know it had those problems. Visited Langebaan as well, another lekker looking plek.

Do you feel equally passionately about bonsai trees and almost any plants in pots that cannot grow to their full size?

I hope so, otherwise you are really full of ****...

i do. i also feel its wrong to pick fruit from trees. to me that is the same as separating children from their mothers. I believe plants have as much rights as animals, who are we to say their life form is inferior to another? 

i do. i also feel its wrong to pick fruit from trees. to me that is the same as separating children from their mothers. I believe plants have as much rights as animals, who are we to say their life form is inferior to another? 

is this what you meant to say? 

Got to work this morning, and a fellow staff member "Don't know what happened" and drove into the building, with a yaris. 

post-63046-0-94259200-1542091432_thumb.jpg

Got to work this morning, and a fellow staff member "Don't know what happened" and drove into the building, with a yaris. 

I got a Yaris on my Giant Reign...knew they were tough but never thought they were that tough! :ph34r:

lol. Made in Japan (not germany.) 

http://www.1a20.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/603506_10151308127930744_433551909_n1.jpg

Edited by Allrounder

WOW that must have been seriously cool.

WOW that must have been seriously cool.

Except for the vulture that is...

The Vulture had to return to his peers and report back. He was ridiculed for falling for the age old "dead-human-in-the-grass trick"

He was demoted from scout, he was forced to attend an "intro to identifying carrion" course by the HR department. Further to this, his perch was moved further down, where he constantly got **** from above...

it's going to be hard work, starting from the bottom, to redeem the trust of his fellow vultures.