I have an idea for a new thread...

TNT1

flipping scary

Edit: I have deleted the link as later in the vid I can not imagine people escaping the wreckage alive.

If this is about the chopper dropping into the water, one passenger did sadly not survive. Got knocked unconscious and drowned apparently?

Opel Kadet - when I was in the army I worked for a private military contractor. We were based in Silverton in PTA but had a test range some place outside PTA (name escapes me). I think it was about 60km out. We had Opel Kadet Cubs that we used for the commute to the test range. Being the bored troepe that we were, various challenges arose. Fastest time from PTA to test range in 1st gear only. Fastest time from PTA to test range without using the clutch while driving - yes this is possible. Jeez I have loads of respect for those little cars considering the abuse the endured. They just kept going - never an issue.

Gerotek ?

• Replies 78.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

oh poor guy ...................... stuck on a boat with those two ladies 

His name is Bobby? If that was a SA vid he would be Bobby and the Bokkies

If this is about the chopper dropping into the water, one passenger did sadly not survive. Got knocked unconscious and drowned apparently?

Gerotek ?

No. Walmansthal I think. Did a quick Google maps search. It was 30 years ago so please excuse my (lack of) memory

Opel Kadet - when I was in the army I worked for a private military contractor. We were based in Silverton in PTA but had a test range some place outside PTA (name escapes me). I think it was about 60km out. We had Opel Kadet Cubs that we used for the commute to the test range. Being the bored troepe that we were, various challenges arose. Fastest time from PTA to test range in 1st gear only. Fastest time from PTA to test range without using the clutch while driving - yes this is possible. Jeez I have loads of respect for those little cars considering the abuse the endured. They just kept going - never an issue.

Reminds me of driving to a meeting with a business acquaintance some years ago who was regaling about when he was a sales rep for a company. When the usual time came to replace his co car, the co decided to extend the time required before the reps could get new cars, so no problem to my acquaintance, he drained the oil from his Corolla to speed up the process. I was horrified that anyone would do such a thing, but he was more horrified that it took a really long time before the oil-less Toyota motor took to die.....    

The first time me, my brother and step father drove a Kadet we went to Kroonstad and we had to push it out of every parking spot. Those Kadets didn't have a reverse gear.............until someone showed us that you had to pull that little ring on the gearlever to put it into reverse [emoji1787]. We only ever had Mercedes cars because that's all that could survive the Freestate farm roads. Edited by BSG

The first time me, my brother and step father drove a Kadet we went to Kroonstad and we had to push it out of every parking spot. Those Kadets didn't have a reverse gear.............until someone showed us that you had to pull that little ring on the gearlever to put it into reverse [emoji1787]. We only ever had Mercedes cars because that's all that could survive the Freestate farm roads.

Thank goodness. I thought I was the only who went a few days before figuring that ring thing out.

The first time me, my brother and step father drove a Kadet we went to Kroonstad and we had to push it out of every parking spot. Those Kadets didn't have a reverse gear.............until someone showed us that you had to pull that little ring on the gearlever to put it into reverse [emoji1787]. We only ever had Mercedes cars because that's all that could survive the Freestate farm roads.

I offered to move someone's GLA Mercedes the other day. Sat in it for about 15 minutes and couldn't get it started. Then I put my foot on the brake...

I offered to move someone's GLA Mercedes the other day. Sat in it for about 15 minutes and couldn't get it started. Then I put my foot on the brake...

Yes all these new cars are all different in ways of starting. I struggled with my sister in laws Kia to find the key hole, nothing, you just push a button [emoji58] [emoji19] [emoji849]

I had that kind of trouble with a newfangled Discovery. :blush: