Introduce yourself

Bianchisti

Hi There,

I am Melissa. New to triathlon. Last time I rode a bike was in my teens, so I am a complete newbie. Signed up here to learn more about bikes, and I think I am more confused than ever. Settled on a new Cervelo S2 despite my confusion. I will probably buy a mountain bike at some point as well.

I also have a scuba diving problem. I sure don't have a shortage of expensive hobbies...

Hi EmJay! Welcome!

Where are you based? I am also new to triathlon so looks like we are in the same boat :D

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi EmJay! Welcome!

Where are you based? I am also new to triathlon so looks like we are in the same boat :D

In Jhb sadly. :/

Would be awesome to find a training partner. 

http://staminist.com/images/contrib/forum_welcome.png

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Edited by jimmycool

I guess it might be a bit late

James

Work at Complete Cyclist Bryanston

Race road and now track mainly

Mtb comes out to play sometimes

Afternoon all

Also just recently started mountain biking as I got tired of being tired all the time.  Having an athletic background had me pushing myself from the start.  I am loving this new venture, which is way more healthier that car racing.

Got a Titan MTB last year December, MMI present for Christmas :clap: .  Have been riding at Benoni Country Club mostly and terribly afraid of the technical sections there  :unsure:.  Did attempt them though but after fall no 5, my confidence went down the drain.  Have not given up though as I went to PWC this past weekend and did the entire blue trail, with the exception of some of the downhills which looked safer to walk the scared bike down  :P.

Will be building my technical skills slowly and training the bike not to be afraid, it has health insurance. :whistling:

Edited by Nyx

Hi Peeps,

Long time fan of Bikehub,

Love riding my roadbike, with mates or solo, even seen on a 26 mtb from time to time but road is my thing.

Done a few 94.7 s, no Argus yet but is on the bucket list for sure.

Anyhoo, see ya on the forum!

Hi Peeps,

Long time fan of Bikehub,

Love riding my roadbike, with mates or solo, even seen on a 26 mtb from time to time but road is my thing.

Done a few 94.7 s, no Argus yet but is on the bucket list for sure.

Anyhoo, see ya on the forum!

Haai

Hello! Couple of years ago I started "mountain" biking in the Netherlands. I want to learn more about servicing my bike from a DIY perspective. So I will further looking into this forum and try to contribute to it as much as possible.

Sent from my eMAX mini using Tapatalk

Hello! Couple of years ago I started "mountain" biking in the Netherlands. I want to learn more about servicing my bike from a DIY perspective. So I will further looking into this forum and try to contribute to it as much as possible.

Hallo. Welkom! 

https://www.bikehub.co.za/f/90-skills-techniques/

Edited by Tubehunter

Welcome. Where in the Netherlands do you stay?

Hi, new to posting here on the hub.

Been riding for several years, MTB only as I live slap bang in the middle of SA's great MTB spots, Jonkershoek.

Been enjoying thehub for a while as a casual visitor.