Things I've learnt from commuting

zeabre

We leave from the VET on the Cycle lane opposite Bayside at 6:45am and leave from town at the Rail Lodge (Start of cycle lane leaving town) at 5:15pm

Hairy where do you guys meat up and what time do you meet ,think I might join if the time is suitable?

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

some riders that have recently joined and then the regulars ... the newbie we picked up a little later would have been no. 20.....he is being added to the Whatsapp group and we expect to see him twice a week, will be able to count him next time.

our WA group for the commuter ride = 62 users :)

Respect. 

Happy thoughts are that I have dropped 7kg's +- of body weight over the last few weeks, so picking that pack up and slinging it over my shoulder to walk up the stairs to the office is a lekker thought knowing it is close to what I do not carry around anymore.

:offtopic:

Few weeks back our office lift was out of action for a couple of days.

Since then I have only used the lift to take the bike up and down, for typical trips to sites I walk the three flights of stairs to the basement parking.  Actually getting used to walking up three flights of stairs .....

After sitting in traffic it actually gets the heart pumping and some fresh oxygen into the system doing the little walk before getting seated behind the computer ....

Back on topic -

A good hard pedal in the afternoon, followed by a quick dip in the pool, is still the BEST way to get rid of the days stress !

We leave from the VET on the Cycle lane opposite Bayside at 6:45am and leave from town at the Rail Lodge (Start of cycle lane leaving town) at 5:15pm

I leave at around 6:00am,

May I suggest you sleep in for another 45min in the morning and then join us :P

I leave at around 6:00am,

Had a monster of a time the last two weeks ....

In office by 4 or 5am each day ... even on the days I commuted by bike.

I am convinced it is only the time on the bike that kept me almost sane ..... Absolutely no better "release" after a marathon day in the office than PEDALING up a few hills .... actually managed some damn respectable times !!

Moral of the story - commuting by bike is the all in one:

- commute

- gym

- and stress release

WHAT A WAY to start the day !!  :clap:   :clap:   :clap:

post-110956-0-73332600-1540300997_thumb.jpg

post-110956-0-90365800-1540301020_thumb.jpg

post-110956-0-23088400-1540301035_thumb.jpg

And then I had to "endure" a long drive for a site inspection ... 

post-110956-0-84079500-1540301095_thumb.jpg

Saw many cyclists in Bettiesbay ....  they must have been wondering about this guy in a car waving and smiling at cyclists ...  :devil:

If you can see into the future, you will see me cycling up to Tafelberg Road tomorrow morning and taking a swim in the rock pool :P

I'll be up there myself, let's see

Got knocked off the bike today by a school mom that didn’t look. Just drove me onto the pavement.

I didn’t see you she said. Luckily I saw her pull across the road and thought she may not see me so scrubbed off speed. Sore wrist and scratches on the Dale. Carbon braking is not the best in an emergency.