29er tyres

Spartacus88

if your on a HT like me then its the softest you can get without 'F%^%^ your rims up. My motivation is compliance at the rear and traction on the front........ oh year and make sure you've got rims that can manage a [low pressure] UST tire

Like a mullet, business in the front andy party at the back.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to Epic with Crossmark's, especially after the tweet frorm dr Evil regarding the 264500 thorns, tried Raceking, Tried Ritchey WCS

and the Crossmarks is by far the most reliable, maybe sligtly heavier but it seals properly, get some Mushroom seals from Car tyre dealers for

the sidewall cuts and car seals for the bigger holes.

Nah, you will have to do the math for me, that sounds hard.

It is a fact that Maths and Science have suffered while the number of matriculants have increased.

I find a good squeeze betweem thumb and forefinger more accurate than that

Left or right hand?

It is a fact that Maths and Science have suffered while the number of matriculants have increased.

Left or right hand?

Left China......

Nee my bru, I weigh 76 kg's now givva me da maff. (purdy please)

For all those hubbers riding 29ers, which UST tyres would you recommend for the Epic?

I have been testing the Continental X-King 29er Protection version for Conti for the past couple of weeks and have to report that they seem to have solved the problem many riders experienced last year with knobs tearing off the tyre. I rode them in all kinds of conditions [except mud] - rocky terrain, hardpack, sand - and they performed extremely well.

Normally, I would run the X-King front and the Race King on the back, but they could not get the Race King to me on time. There are scores of reviews on the www on the Contis and ultimately, I believe it is very much a personal thing when it comes to tyre choice.

The sidewall on the Protection version is EXTREMELY tough and even at low pressures [1.4 bar] [i weigh 69kg] I never suffered a sidewall cut.

A word of caution though: before you mount the tyre to the rim, give it a thorough wipe/wash with meths, just to clean a dirt/silicone and other junk that may have collected in the factory. Then add a generous helping of SLUDGE, inflate and you are good for the Epic.

Edited by ti guy

• 1 month later...

Hey Hubbers

In need of a new rear tyre for the hard tail Niner.

Running Sunringle rims and had a Geax Saguaro non tubeless that had been converted and was running well.

Thinking about either the same or maybe a Continental X King 2.2 even though the Contis seem hard to find.

Anyone got any tips? Mainly doing endurance stuff and living in the Durbanville area.

Thanks!

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

WTB Bronson. Very good combo of weight, durability and grip.

I'm looking at the Bronson for the front and Wolverine on the back but Two Wheels Trading (distributor) don't have the Wolverine in 29 er UST, they only have the Bronson which I don't think will roll that nicely on the back. Any thoughts as to hat else to put on the back . Must be 29er UST

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Not sure if this is the right forum, but I'm fairly new at this and need some help. I buckled my back rim on a ride this weekend. I have an 29" Alex Rim XC49. Came standard with my bike. The store where I bought my bike cannot replace the rim and is suggesting a DT Swiss rim. Not that I mind, but I dont know enough to ensure that they replace with similar quality, should I be looking at a particular rim model number etc...

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Warren, you now habe an excuse to upgrade your wheelset.

Look at getting a set of Stans ZTR Crest or a set of American Classic wheels.

You wont look back, they make a big difference

Awesome. Thanks. The store recommended a set of DT Swiss rims. Not sure which model though. On my way there to find out.