Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrong form, or worse, being clipped in when a manual/wheelie goes wrong.

Any time you f*uk up on downs I am thankful for flats. The number of times I've tried something reasonably dumb, seen my ass and found myself standing on my feet rather them having my knee caps twisted because I'm still clipped in. Yeah, for pedally days like Harkerville where it's impossible to really get into trouble then I'm back to the ol' DX clips but that is XC territory and I might even consider breaking out the lycra! 

Also moved to flats and loving it. Confidence is way up and at this early stage skill levels also improving.

Same here, decided earlier this week to go to flats again. 2 rides in so far and I love it!!

But I have to say the right shoe and pedal it vital - last time I used less than grippy pedals with skate shoes and it felt horrible while pedalling and the shoes just slipped off the pedal the whole time while descending.

Same here, decided earlier this week to go to flats again. 2 rides in so far and I love it!!

But I have to say the right shoe and pedal it vital - last time I used less than grippy pedals with skate shoes and it felt horrible while pedalling and the shoes just slipped off the pedal the whole time while descending.

Where'd you get your 5'10s?

I got them last year when I still had some dealership accounts through my online store - happy that I bought when I got the chance.

Hanger Bike Co has some in stock, but as far as I know Pinned (online) has the best prices.

If you want to get pair from CRC sale I'll bring them back at the end of the month for you. You can send to my bro's place in the UK and I'll grab from there. PM me if you want. 

I got them last year when I still had some dealership accounts through my online store - happy that I bought when I got the chance.

Hanger Bike Co has some in stock, but as far as I know Pinned (online) has the best prices.

Thanks

If you want to get pair from CRC sale I'll bring them back at the end of the month for you. You can send to my bro's place in the UK and I'll grab from there. PM me if you want.

and thanks I'll check what they got

Also got some 5.10's on there way. My better half's mother is bringing them down from CRC. R800 was a steal... photos will sure follow here when they arrive.

Oh an Stoke has some brilliant Kore flat pedals going for about R1k if anyone is looking for flat pedal options

They look soo out of place against the black and red frame, but was a pretty good ride. Hanger told me at least to start, put on a pair of trainers until I fully commit and then a pair of 5tens.

Fortunately I am a trail runner so have a pair of Saucony peregrines with a pretty broken body but dn tread left, so the useless for running but felt very stable on today's test ride.

Have already moved the clip-less pedals to my older hard tail. 637874090e34bd31f132760da4410c7b.jpgd2a64b0a51694eb3d4df5282c98ed6fc.jpg

for a running shoe, that's an okay tread for flats. Generally you don't want much tread, or a very closely-spaced tread and constant, so that the pins can actually grip into the sole. 

for a running shoe, that's an okay tread for flats. Generally you don't want much tread, or a very closely-spaced tread and constant, so that the pins can actually grip into the sole. 

Useful info, I don't expect these shoes to lat much longer anyway, they have 1000km of running on them already. They are also quite wide so there is a pretty decent overlap on the outside of the pedal.

I have a pair of Scott Metrix here as well, as far as I can tell if I take the cleat off they should also work, and they very comfortable.

Useful info, I don't expect these shoes to lat much longer anyway, they have 1000km of running on them already. They are also quite wide so there is a pretty decent overlap on the outside of the pedal.

I have a pair of Scott Metrix here as well, as far as I can tell if I take the cleat off they should also work, and they very comfortable.

Nope, don't do that. Too stiff for flats, and there's not enough meat around the mid-foot due to the cleat cavity. 

Instead of 5-10's (being pooooooes expensive) a pair of 2FO's or Ions will work. Or normal skate shoes. 

Nope, don't do that. Too stiff for flats, and there's not enough meat around the mid-foot due to the cleat cavity

Instead of 5-10's (being pooooooes expensive) a pair of 2FO's or Ions will work. Or normal skate shoes. 

What he said ^^^^

I tried a pair of Scott's .... down right dangerous !!  The front grips on the pedal, but there is "nothing" to the middle of the shoe to bite into the flat pedals.

I have a pair of Scotts with 20km on it that will be in the classifieds soon ...

Nope, don't do that. Too stiff for flats, and there's not enough meat around the mid-foot due to the cleat cavity.

Pricing on ion shoes?