Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, HenryS said:

This is relevant to cycling because I got the van specifically to transport bikes. My old car pictured below was rear-ended last week and if my Thule carrier and bike were on the back, it would have been a total disaster because they are not insured and together worth more than the car which was written off.

nv2001.jpg.adef5f10e2801911d1d4102a4a855f59.jpg

nv2002.jpg.6065c12f4f6c7ffc4bce3ba324cd7ca3.jpg

honda1.jpg.5b4b9a7b7a32f0ab45e3bc65b0e46fa3.jpg

Need to see it with bikes loaded, to see the fit.

Congrats 

17 minutes ago, MajG said:

Need to see it with bikes loaded, to see the fit.

Congrats 

I'm going to get another bike stand tomorrow and then I'll take a pic with them in.

How many bikes do you want to fit in the back ?

Are you planning some custom brackets ?

Can be a lekka project ....

23 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

How many bikes do you want to fit in the back ?

Are you planning some custom brackets ?

Can be a lekka project ....

It's only a 2 seater, so 2 bikes will be fine. My other half can take 3 on her bike rack, so we're sorted if we go to the trails with her kids and mine.

I've been googling for some ideas of how to set it up inside, but so far I haven't found anything useful. 

On 10/29/2021 at 9:32 AM, Beattbox said:

New helmet day. Decided it was time.

Specialized-Tactic-4-helmet-news-01-0992dc4.webp

What do you think so far?

I also bought one on Saturday because it just looks so good, raced the EWC Jonkers with it.

It weighs 65g more than my Ambush and the fit is more "on top" (and slightly less snug), but it ended up more comfortable than I expected it to be.

Super cool colour this, was going to get the black one but this is really eye-catching in the flesh!

15 hours ago, MongooseMan said:

The latest in a series of post-bike fit "find a saddle that works" purchases.

So far so good with this one, a decent combination of cushion and support.

EmOa9hTDV-QQjLJ4ZrHFNKYlESqvh9YrQ9YkBOrDg1aiQuAhpfNI1mLlv5-gRqSBCU4C3_j4T7qPWdA7lOJ14DsCC0Wfwh1JzUvPPYbxNXMsacDZhlT1V5RSo0X5gYIoUH7z9ehDTKo0jvst4S6cUYd8IMvZNxHQackhcc2RaVMypR6rVJFbASXywZmg6XvyNRMkWWH2BG4tavWygHM5QqGra5LoOe85g-qNcf5wVoXkGuaCSKWD1Jfpj-Bo0749RdHwFcSxgqN6eIcxdHVgCP36yzgfA-WrOH7T3e9J78Bd1l_E4BkBZT3kfol_eTqPPsdwy6mAOQLfkVKFcGEClYHy0pm9iWBN8fFMHWptGBrNUlACPD5PeZh6d2kTDQx1wa5jzOORp4__bf1DZSt8B9oipNO1YKvE2nbSvBqaUkt6-hyLNnGHKJ6bOEEV270_g75qe3mQ3bRdaZFlIx81MYBgKZ-TGYDOc8DbgK-wTzk6NPrAe50da-eum6ac8M4sBxUKeHZzu2gmCfA5G52YIzRfjuW7KVJHz7wkwJCYFegAO7mUlh_3Va_lWWhyQZgrhKmWtowW7QD8DUhX6NS3zIX1QO2SC-KDAnA1e-ZUJBQio12N6zQW4yQNxOgDYspVQ0oveCkeOxSRY7KpwKh5NK2ZWy0oBDAWuq4va4kryxh-riaw9RKFhKRuKH-TTtkiHUkcjuV9WZScnbs00knts_s5=w1730-h1297-no?authuser=0

Is it just me that can’t see this picture? I’ve tried to view it on iOS Safari, IOS Chrome and Android Chrome and they’re all empty. 

Edited by NicholasT
Bad posting

11 hours ago, LazyTrailRider said:

What do you think so far?

I also bought one on Saturday because it just looks so good, raced the EWC Jonkers with it.

It weighs 65g more than my Ambush and the fit is more "on top" (and slightly less snug), but it ended up more comfortable than I expected it to be.

Super cool colour this, was going to get the black one but this is really eye-catching in the flesh!

Very happy so far. I initially didn't want such a "big" helmet but it fits my pip well and is comfortable. Nice ventilation and I'm quite enjoying the bigger than I'm used to visor.

The price was good too. Got the black one as it was the only one left in the shop in my size and to be honest I wanted black.

8 minutes ago, Beattbox said:

Very happy so far. I initially didn't want such a "big" helmet but it fits my pip well and is comfortable. Nice ventilation and I'm quite enjoying the bigger than I'm used to visor.

The price was good too. Got the black one as it was the only one left in the shop in my size and to be honest I wanted black.

If Beattbox ever buys anything other than BLACK, beware - the earth will shift off its axis and wobble around he sun for ever after!????

Some good specials on Garmin watches at Takealot of late. Bought myself an Instinct and my wife a Forerunner 45s for good measure. I'm rather enjoying the novelty of the Connect App and heart rate monitoring. So far the connectivity to my Samsung S 20 has been superb.

So Adidas have the Road Shoe AND now the Gravel Shoe.....pretty neat, recycled materials, grippy tread, comfy to walk on, stiff, so easy to clean and a neoprene sock entry (still a bit undecided about this feature but when I hit some water, then I'll decide...will have to wait cause it ain't gonna rain here in there Middle East any time soon!)

Screenshot 2021-11-20 at 11.56.12.png