Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, Steady Spin said:

Wish I knew about this

You not the only one, I would love to get a 12sp micro spline Garbaruk cassette.

10 minutes ago, Steady Spin said:

I’ll organise a group buy in Jan.  Need a new freehub body first. 

I'm definitely in, please let me know when you want to pull the trigger :).

On 12/22/2021 at 7:43 AM, TheoG said:

You not the only one, I would love to get a 12sp micro spline Garbaruk cassette.

So this is one of the reasons I didn’t put a group together - garbaruk prioritize my orders but on one condition …..no shimano stuff.  I’m not sure why  

so I’d have to wait 3 months to get stuff I could get in 3 weeks and I’m way too selfish 

Just now, Wayne pudding Mol said:

So this is one of the reasons I didn’t put a group together - garbaruk prioritize my orders but on one condition …..no shimano stuff.  I’m not sure why  

so I’d have to wait 3 months to get stuff I could get in 3 weeks and I’m way too selfish 

No problem, totally understandable. Yip Shimano stuff is a problem, I used to buy from Chain Reaction and then suddenly they were not allowed to sell Shimano to SA anymore, probably some licensing agreement.

2 minutes ago, TheoG said:

No problem, totally understandable. Yip Shimano stuff is a problem, I used to buy from Chain Reaction and then suddenly they were not allowed to sell Shimano to SA anymore, probably some licensing agreement.

No in this case it’s not the problem

I think they have a backlog of shimano orders and sell more Sram compatible components so they have a higher stockholding of sram cassettes and chainrings 

you can get the Shimano compatible stuff, you just have to wait 

Just now, Wayne pudding Mol said:

No in this case it’s not the problem

I think they have a backlog of shimano orders and sell more Sram compatible components so they have a higher stockholding of sram cassettes and chainrings 

you can get the Shimano compatible stuff, you just have to wait 

Good to know. I’m switching to XD freehub. Tired of the lack of cassette options and endless damage to the splines on HG bodies. 

2 minutes ago, Steady Spin said:

Good to know. I’m switching to XD freehub. Tired of the lack of cassette options and endless damage to the splines on HG bodies. 

Garbaruk XD cassettes are equivalent to XX1 in my experience but for a lot less money 

9 minutes ago, Steady Spin said:

Micro Spline is orders better than HG and I'm committed on it now.  I do have a XD driver for my 350 DT hub, so might be an option, but would prefer to stick to Shimano.  Hopefully their stock levels are better next year.