Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

After calling every LBS in CT, no one really being helpful, (I think I'm just unlucky who I end up getting on the other end). My bike finally arrived!

First got to hand it to the new owners at ceres cycles, for stellar service and Rikus in particular organizing new trance 2 and delivering it to claremont!

IMG_1030.JPG

Now to change the tyres and find me some flats!

Wicked!

Btw. Stoke have stock of the Giant flats. Give Droo a call to check pricing. They should he pretty well priced.

Oh. And first upgrade - get yourself a Rapide 780mm bar. Just had my first ride on it after swapping the stock giant one out. It is OODLES stiffer than the stock giant one and will transform your steering. I didn't think my stock giant bar was exactly made of cheese, but OMG this Rapide bar has blown me away, yet again.

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After calling every LBS in CT, no one really being helpful, (I think I'm just unlucky who I end up getting on the other end). My bike finally arrived!

First got to hand it to the new owners at ceres cycles, for stellar service and Rikus in particular organizing new trance 2 and delivering it to claremont! 

attachicon.gifIMG_1030.JPG

I dig these colours! congrats!

attachicon.gifIMG_1030.JPG

Lekker man. Mine is 3 weeks old and I am loving it.

Enjoy it!

Wicked!

Btw. Stoke have stock of the Giant flats. Give Droo a call to check pricing. They should he pretty well priced.

Oh. And first upgrade - get yourself a Rapide 780mm bar. Just had my first ride on it after swapping the stock giant one out. It is OODLES stiffer than the stock giant one and will transform your steering. I didn't think my stock giant bar was exactly made of cheese, but OMG this Rapide bar has blown me away, yet again.

I have a Rapidé 800mm bar on my trance, and my 780 Rapidé bar for the hardtail arrived today. It feels as of Xmas came late.

I can't comment on the stiffness of the Giant bar, as it was replaced immediately. Giant made two mistakes on the Trance spec, narrow bars, and paper thin tyres.

I have a Rapidé 800mm bar on my trance, and my 780 Rapidé bar for the hardtail arrived today. It feels as of Xmas came late.

I can't comment on the stiffness of the Giant bar, as it was replaced immediately. Giant made two mistakes on the Trance spec, narrow bars, and paper thin tyres.

The carbon one? How is it?

The carbon one? How is it?

No, ali bar. I've had it on the SS for nearly a year.

It works, turns the wheels when I turn the bar. Keep my hand wide enough apart to keep me happy.

Edit: I see now that both my bars are 780mm. Sorry.

Edited by PhilipV

I also "bought" some Smoove. My bottle came with a "Not for re-sale , for workshop use only" sticker. attachicon.gif031.jpg

Never used Smoove before so can't comment but I use Squirt which works very well.

It also comes in a big 500ml "workshop" sized bottle for around R150-R180.

Bought one in August, October when I bought my new bike the LBS threw another bottle in as a freebie so I am sorted with chain lube for the next 10years!!!

Never used Smoove before so can't comment but I use Squirt which works very well.

It also comes in a big 500ml "workshop" sized bottle for around R150-R180.

Bought one in August, October when I bought my new bike the LBS threw another bottle in as a freebie so I am sorted with chain lube for the next 10years!!!

Where can you get the big bottles from?

Anyone use chain wax?

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NDkwWDY3OQ==/z/j60AAOxyDLZR8QkC/$T2eC16R,!zUE9s38+F+OBR8QkCbDIg~~60_12.JPG

Myles how is this setup treating you?

Thinking about going GX shifter and RD with a sunrace cassette. Works out quite reasonable.

GX is great - just needs to be set up correctly.

It's so good, you don't notice it (coming from 2x10 XT) 

Finally threw off the stock giant bar and stem and replaced with a FUNN Fatboy 785mm bar and 45mm FUNN Strippa stem, courtesy of Performance Bikes.

Yet to see how it handles on the trails, but can already feel a difference just riding around in the driveway!

post-85467-0-06918500-1454494772_thumb.jpg

post-85467-0-17005000-1454494774_thumb.jpg