Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

He knows what it's worth and buys and sells bikes all the time.He could have said no.

I think him and the wife are splitting up and he is just getting rid of stuff.They used to argue a lot and haven't seen her for a while.

In that case keep an eye out for any other specials from him.  I am only a few hours drive away ;)

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it's not like you can ride it or anything.

Or pretty hard without a chainring or chain anyways...

Lol, well spotted. Require a special tool to install Race Face chainring. 

The day was long because I was looking forward to unboxing and building. 

I'll have to pay with lack of comfort.My 25mm tyres don't fit in the frame so have to ride 23mm....ouch.

Now you know why you got it for such a bargain............

Now you know why you got it for such a bargain............

No. Remember, you are not allowed to add anything that makes your bike more comfortable to your bike. Rule #5.

So no double wrapping bar tape, or 25mm tires.........

No. Remember, you are not allowed to add anything that makes your bike more comfortable to your bike. Rule #5.

So no double wrapping bar tape, or 25mm tires.........

Using 25c tyres is not about comfort, It's about aero. They create the least amount of frontal surface area and create the least amount of rolling resistance when paired with the correct width rim and correct tyre pressure. 28c tyres would be comfort. A 23c tyre when put onto a newer design rim and pumped to the correct pressure actually squashes out on the sides creating more contact with the road and a higher frontal surface area.

Using 25c tyres is not about comfort, It's about aero. They create the least amount of frontal surface area and create the least amount of rolling resistance when paired with the correct width rim and correct tyre pressure. 28c tyres would be comfort. A 23c tyre when put onto a newer design rim and pumped to the correct pressure actually squashes out on the sides creating more contact with the road and a higher frontal surface area.

Dammit. You just ruined my excuse.

Science  :nuke:

On a Friday related note, please can you provide me with at least 3 independently reviewed research papers proving that this is the case.

Soooo just an update on this little guy... You may notice a small crack in the cover over the screen. It's not the actual screen that's cracked, just the cover. So following a lead from a fellow hubber (thanks mate), I phoned Garmin and asked to have it repaired. They mentioned that they do not do repairs, only exchanges and since the 500 was no longer being produced, they would only exchange it for the 520 at the cost of a VERY affordable "upgrade fee".

Long story short, I no longer have the Edge 500. I now have a brand spanking new Edge 520, crispy fresh, box and all. Oh, and they forgot to remove the cadence and speed sensors, so win x 2!

(Also, while riding the other day I branded a phenomenon that shall henceforth be known as "Trail-Tongue", which is the vocabulary shift that occurs when I hit inclines and start cursing like a dirty mountain pirate :D )

Navworld never disappoint hey! Top okes! Hope they see this!