The Froome Dawg Thread

'Dale

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The CF haters are out in full force I see. Talk about kicking an oke when he is down. 

#NOTCOOLATALL

I'm not a CF fan at all and can't stand Sky or whatever their name is now but this is not cool. He is an exceptional cyclist and I will miss at the TDF this year, Hope he makes a full recovery

Of course it's not a hoax but he does look in good shape for someone who had his nose hairs trimmed by the grim reaper's scythe.

Anyone who knows what a proper crash feels like has nothing but empathy and good wishes for CF.

Im amazed at how the story differs between each news outlet. According the GCN he had a punctured lung aswell and the op was 8 hours.

I mean cant they atleast all tell the same version of the lie :ph34r:

Im amazed at how the story differs between each news outlet. According the GCN he had a punctured lung aswell and the op was 8 hours.

Basically, that is true of most news stories. There are variations in the details depending on who is reporting the story and who the reporter talked to.

Humans are some of the most unreliable sources of recollection of information.

Take the Oscar Pistorius case where the neighbours gave differing versions of how many "shots" they heard that night and how the gun shots were made to possibly be the cricket bat hitting the door....

In most big profile events it is best if the family/organisation gives out a press release that just collates all the details as a single news source which everyone else can then reference. It seems everything Froome related since the Salbutomol case turns towards the gossip and conspiracy side of the "news" spectrum.

Very inconsistent reports which were made worse by media outlets quoting the others.

It makes it easy to poke holes in the story and for the strange people to make up even stranger stories.

A bit crazy that Gee Thomas also bins it a few days later.

I found it a bit silly that an article like this had to be written: http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/egan-bernal-geraint-thomas-crash-looked-really-scary

A strange echo or Dan Martin's account of Froome's crash.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...