The Froome Dawg Thread

'Dale

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a little bit of climbing on a training ride...

I bet his batteries were depleted after all that climbing in only 156km.....

its not that much climbing in the distance considering the geography. Santa Monica mountains has a lot of gradient and height with no shortage of narrow winding roads through it

This popped up on another device on U-Toob a few hours after posting this previous post.

‘The Matrix Has You.’

• 2 weeks later...

So, is Froome done? Languishing BEHIND maincheese in the TT at UAE yesterday? I mean, that's as has been as you get if even wee Louis beats you?

Today they climb Jebel Hafeet so should test the legs a bit. Thursday the bigger Jebel Jais climb. So let’s see how he goes.

They come past my house twice on Friday. Looking forward to seeing the race, I’ll be the saffer on a deck chair in a rugby jersey!

So, is Froome done? Languishing BEHIND maincheese in the TT at UAE yesterday? I mean, that's as has been as you get if even wee Louis beats you?

I don't think he is done...if you want to be good in July, this is exceptionally good suffer training to wake the legs up after rehab and base training.

I don't think he is done...if you want to be good in July, this is exceptionally good suffer training to wake the legs up after rehab and base training.

Compare to say Pogacar? (I assume Pogacar will want to be good in July too...)

agreed

Compare to say Pogacar? (I assume Pogacar will want to be good in July too...)

younger and therefore can peak more times through a season. Froome will be looking to have a longer peak through july into olympics so likely will have one shot at getting this right.

Also Pogacar has John :)

agreed

younger and therefore can peak more times through a season. Froome will be looking to have a longer peak through july into olympics so likely will have one shot at getting this right.

Also Pogacar has John :)

His time would be better spent training then. This business of looking ***, and giving the psychological advantage to the opposition for months is gonna bite him in the discs.

Come on Froomedawg!

The guy is old and wise enough to know his body and his numbers/potential.

I still have faith but man it is getting tougher the more he say he is ready and on target and doing well and hitting numbers but performing like a pack dog.

That said I'm still gonna be rooting for the man come July!

His time would be better spent training then. This business of looking ***, and giving the psychological advantage to the opposition for months is gonna bite him in the discs.

But ISN need to roll him out for TV coverage, sponsorship airtime, etc so training will have to be whilst racing.....they need a return on the investment....

Personally I hope he does get back to some form

well he may very well be hitting the numbers he needs to for now. I can't remember he ever being in tip top shape at the start of the season. He's always kinda been a one tour focus guy and then generation is slowly moving aside. February is still a little early to be writing anyone off for July IMO.

Anyone seen Roglic?

I can't remember he ever being in tip top shape at the start of the season. 

2013 - pre TDF season wins (for example) - The Tour of Oman was 11-16 Feb that year:

1st 20px-Jersey_yellow.svg.png Overall Tour de Romandie 1st Prologue

1st 20px-Jersey_yellow-bluebar.svg.png Overall Critérium du Dauphiné 1st Stage 5

1st 20px-Jersey_red.svg.png Overall Tour of Oman 1st 20px-Jersey_green.svg.png Points classification 1st Stage 5

1st 20px-Jersey_yellow.svg.png Overall Critérium International 1st Stage 3

2nd Overall Tirreno–Adriatico 1st Stage 4      

Edited by TNT1