Is my cycling too much

Zatek

I am at my tipping point. My wife say I cycle too much. I cycle 1 hour twice during the week and 1 weekend ride early in the morning. Keep in mind my seeding is below 20 and I finish races under 3 hours and I weight 98kg.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am at my tipping point. My wife say I cycle too much. I cycle 1 hour twice during the week and 1 weekend ride early in the morning. Keep in mind my seeding is below 20 and I finish races under 3 hours and I weight 98kg.

Get a new wife dude...

That ones trade in light is even burning my eyes.

The time has come

Female perspective : it doesn't sound like too much, but it's what you do with the rest of your time that counts. Your wife probably feels she's competing with your bike(s) for attention.

If she's not into cycling, that's fine, but while you're out cycling, is she at home doing chores, or with the kids? If that's the case I would also be resentful. Give her some time to do what she loves - you do the chores, baby sit while she gets to play.

Get home from a ride and spend quality time together. Don't feel guilty about doing what you love, but I'm sure one your wife sees you making time for her and cycling she'll be happier and leave you to it.

All about perspective: she must realise that you being healthy is good for you, the family, the income etc. Mostly we take more time than you think - kitting up, travel, The Hub etc. Make sure she gets "me time" also. Most of all -a fat, unhealthy, grumpy man in the house is no good to anyone

time to take a week or so break, how long have you been doing this training regime? How long have you been cycling?

You don't cycle to much at all. I realised that the problem was that when I wasn't on my bike I was talking about being on it. Apparently this is obsessive.

So I started keeping some of the bike thoughts to myself when not on the bike and the wife kind of fell in line. Three hours of any exercise per week can never be considered to much imho

The problem is not the amount of time spent on your bike - look elsewhere at your family life my friend and this from someone that spends a lot more time than that on a bike and my wife is happy about it ......