Assaulted rider on the Spruit

Paulst12

You go mtb'ing to get away from the daily routine that is actually a rat race these days, hoping to share this passion with good, sensible and unselfish people and then **** like this happens.

Ya absolutely! ... People like that needs a solid PK! ...

Oh, wait

doh ....

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the guy swore at/threatened the lady, he deserved a snotklap - end of story. Taking into account practical experience, very few riders will, after being bumped by an oncoming rider, politely state:

"Excuse me madam, your path of travel inadvertently crossed with mine, and your handlebar bruised my rib cartilage to such an extent that it might discolor during the course of this training event, and I am unhappy about it".

Bottomline - if he said anything, he probably deserved the snotklap.

If the guy swore at/threatened the lady, he deserved a snotklap - end of story. Taking into account practical experience, very few riders will, after being bumped by an oncoming rider, politely state:

"Excuse me madam, your path of travel inadvertently crossed with mine, and your handlebar bruised my rib cartilage to such an extent that it might discolor during the course of this training event, and I am unhappy about it".

No.

Hahahaha, wonder who would have been the villain if the guy getting assaulted was the one with the tattoos.

You guys must know each other

I don't think this has anything to do with mountain bikers, the spruit, or anything like that.

Unfortunately we live in a hyper agressive country, the roots of which can be debated for days. Joburg has the biggest ratio of "breekers" to normal folk than any other country I've been to.

If you get assaulted at the movies doesn't mean the movies are suddenly dangerous.

Ride happy ;)

I know that guy and it strikes me that he is more of a gentleman than many on here if I see the way they behave but ja ..... If takes all sorts!

Agreed, he didnt even strip his moer when okes where posting his address on line

I rode the spruit yesterday (normally ride van Gaalens, Kingskloof or N Farm) and I have NEVER seen so many riders out there, so guess there were a lot of dusted off and rusty bikes (and riders?) going for their first ride in a while... So with a traffic jam equaling normal rush hour I guess a few characters reverted to weekday mode :-)

Sorry if this is off-topic. I have some tattoos I quickly want to have removed. I tried Prepsol but no good. Any other suggestions?

When I was a kid we blew our warts away to the moon during full moon. But then you may not look at the moon again for that evening.

Maybe that will help?

Agree. People always bash road bike riders for their attitudes and yet i'm hearing more and more often about how unfriendly and aggressive mtb riders have become. Maybe its because the roadies are becoming mounties, but either way its pretty pathetic when it gets to a point of putting someone in hospital over who has right of way on a trail?

Mounties?... Reckon I'd rather be called a roadie...

Haha shame... So MTB boy beats up MTB boy and you guys still try to blame a roadie!

I do love The Hub!

Definitely - the bike don't define the box.......or you cannot judge a box by it's bike............or something like that.

3 sides to a story and the HUB always has at least 4 sides and 1000 opinionated asshoooolies( me too)

But one cannot be surprised by this here is my take( I ride the spruit not my idea of the best ride buy I do ride it)

1) this SPRUIT cannot accommodate bikes,runners,walkers,dogs,horses and most importantly PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT PREPARED TO ACCOMODATE others

2) strava asshoooolies who are convinced they have right of way( yes I use it and yes I am useless but I don't think a segment gives me right of way)

3)over the last couple of months all this talk of baggies/ Lycra **** seriously we all ride bikes, what ever the size ,travel,apparel ,BUT EVERYONE SEEMS TO HAVE TAKEN THIS WHOLE PISSING COMPETITION TO A STUPID LEVEL

4) what ever happened to BEING UNITED BY A SPORT, my take on it is all about, MINES BIGGER/BETTER THAN YOURS. IM OK JAKE STUFF YOU

5) LASTLY every one is so aggressive due to the jackings they ready to kill anyone who looks in there direction the wrong way

If the chap was out of line CLEARLY HE PICKED THE WRONG "target"

Seriously CYCLING HAS A REALLY BAD REPUTATION AS IS, somewhere along the lines we all got into this sport because we loved it and at that stage we couldn't care less about the rest

Be polite keep left pass right and remember that guy who are cursing because he is slow and does not have your technical skills was you at one stage :)

Alot of guys have attitudes on the spruit - too much time driving in JHB traffic has brought the bad habits and aggression...... WOOOOSA!!

I promise you wont win a prize or get the red number for most aggressive rider of the day if you JUST REFUSE to move left.... put the rage in the pedal PAL