94.7 number collection

steve61

Momentum 94.7 registration and rubbish bag collection is a nightmare and there's a R20 parking charge .... seems like Tanya Harford is really ripping the ring out of this event!!

It took almost an hour in a queue to get my race pack. Surely we don't need a bag of garbage and a simple timing mat that picks up a transponder as you go into the pens would be sufficient. If your transponder is not picked up, you not allowed into start pen - simple as that. Then there's no need for this schlep!!!

Another gripe is about bulk number collecting. I timed a lady at the counter for about 15min collecting a whole whack of numbers. Surely they should be told to go to the bulk collection queue?

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pay for parking ?

I didn't , I smiled and drove past the sEkurity ? I showed my race number documents and they let me pass . . .

jammer om te hoor !

Momentum 94.7 registration and rubbish bag collection is a nightmare and there's a R20 parking charge .... seems like Tanya Harford is really ripping the ring out of this event!!

It took almost an hour in a queue to get my race pack. Surely we don't need a bag of garbage and a simple timing mat that picks up a transponder as you go into the pens would be sufficient. If your transponder is not picked up, you not allowed into start pen - simple as that. Then there's no need for this schlep!!!

Another gripe is about bulk number collecting. I timed a lady at the counter for about 15min collecting a whole whack of numbers. Surely they should be told to go to the bulk collection queue?

I feel the same way. I paid a lot to enter this race, now I have to pay another R20 and wait for an hour in a queue to get a number and 10 000 flyers in a bag. It was much easier at the SCC…

Same here , we waited @ HOURS to get numbers because somebody collected two boxes full of numbers and he had to sign for every single one ! That parking is just a bloody joke , I parked at the shopping centre for free . This is my last 94.7 for sure . I haven't got time to waste like this .

Their business model is much like the SA tax system. Look at race entry fee R300 odd, re-seeding fee R150, change of name of rider fee R100, parking R20. In SA you're naive to think that you pay tax at 40%. Well income tax maybe, but if you add VAT, petrol levy, etc, its way more than that.

Both of these entities make plenty $ but at the same time leading you to believe that you are paying too little and getting a good deal, and they are doing you a favour. Right.

I Think you all being a Bit Harsh.. Firstly if you parked in Northgate Shopping Centre parking there is No charge, just a Little walk, If you chose to pay R20 to park on the doorstep of the dome thats your choice.

Secondly... It clearly states on your seeding letter that history has shown that Most athletes try and collect their race numbers on the Thursday morning and it has proven to be very crowded so please try and come on the Friday or Saturday. They have accomodated this by staying open until 8pm on a friday night if needed. And being open Most of saturday.

I think its about Choice, we dont pay the entry Fee for Pretty goody bags but for a FULL road closure safe event. Also if we choose to avoid the recomendation not to go the first morning and thus stand in a long queue, that again was our choice.

Yes, I went this morning, and yes i waited a little while. but i expecetd it.

And i cant wait for an awesome race sunday.

Edited by Ferret69

I Think you all being a Bit Harsh.. Firstly if you parked in Northgate Shopping Centre parking there is No charge, just a Little walk, If you chose to pay R20 to park on the doorstep of the dome thats your choice.

Secondly... It clearly states on your seeding letter that history has shown that Most athletes try and collect their race numbers on the Thursday morning and it has proven to be very crowded so please try and come on the Friday or Saturday. They have accomodated this by staying open until 8pm on a friday night if needed. And being open Most of saturday.

I think its about Choice, we dont pay the entry Fee for Pretty goody bags but for a FULL road closure safe event. Also if we choose to avoid the recomendation not to go the first morning and thus stand in a long queue, that again was our choice.

Yes, I went this morning, and yes i waited a little while. but i expecetd it.

And i cant wait for an awesome race sunday.

2 hours is not a while !!! These numbnuts can't organize a bad women in a brothel . Pathetic if you ask me .

Its the venue that charges for parking, not the expo organizer. You don't have to park in the paid for section, just park further, walk further and save R20. Big deal..

The number collection is always a bum fight. 30 000 peeps squeezed into a window period of 26 hours. That equates to 1153 peeps per hour, at a steady flow, which we all know is not the case as there are peak times and off peak times.

Dont make this sound like the MTB challenge. Accept it for what it is. It is once a year FFS!

2 hours is not a while !!! These numbnuts can't organize a bad women in a brothel . Pathetic if you ask me .

I said "I" waited a "little" while.

I would also beg to differ. These Ladies have organised "one" of the best cycle races in South Africa for 17 years now.

Again, Choice, just dont enter again next year.

I guess I am one of the lucky ones! I am riding for Border Collie Rescue and they picked up our race packs yesterday so I just have to go to Muldersdrif to collect mine!

Its the venue that charges for parking, not the expo organizer. You don't have to park in the paid for section, just park further, walk further and save R20. Big deal..

Any idea why they moved from Sandton? I mean that was perfect, nice and central, right on the Gautrain route. No problems. I tell you, if we didn't have one person collecting our teams' numbers, and I had to do it myself, I wouldn't ride this.

The number collection is always a bum fight. 30 000 peeps squeezed into a window period of 26 hours. That equates to 1153 peeps per hour, at a steady flow, which we all know is not the case as there are peak times and off peak times.

Dont make this sound like the MTB challenge. Accept it for what it is. It is once a year FFS!

Only a pee-brain would allow people to get bulk entries in the normal seeding lines !! Plain stupid . I cannot accept stupidity as easily as you do , so knock yourself out .

BTW, you also paid for parking in Sandton..

If you didn't use the Gautrain when it was in Sandton, you've only got yourself to blame.

I said "I" waited a "little" while.

I would also beg to differ. These Ladies have organised "one" of the best cycle races in South Africa for 17 years now.

Again, Choice, just dont enter again next year.

thanks for the advice , already made that decision

From my perspective, i am one of the a holes who is having my number collected for me. There are corporate bonds and a whole lot of other people who do not want to wait in a queue. The fact that these companies etc pay for the privilege is the companies choice.

If need be why not get someone else to collect your numbers for you as well.

As far as parking is concerned, if you dont want to pay the parking fee, its a 50 or 60 m walk from the PnP parking area. I think it is a rip off as well, but the choice is there.