94.7 number collection

steve61

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not even gonna bitch, moan, splutter and fart.

too hot

too far

too this

too that

Just make bloody well sure there is cold beer readily available by 10:30 when Ive parked my bike

Shame every year you queue to enter and get taken for this ride. When will you learn from your mistakes?

Shame every year you queue to enter and get taken for this ride. When will you learn from your mistakes?

We are confused Blue Bull supporters who live in Gauteng but our minds are in Tokaai.

expected a long wait and a sparse goody bag but was quite disappointing to go through the expo.....very few bikes to see and very limited stock available (some items already sold out at some stalls - 32GI sachets etc...) at that rate there will be nothing to see on Saturday.......

This is my first 94.7 and so it was all new to me.

Number collection in the past has been a quick pop in to the lbs involved in the race and grab the stuff I need.

I expected differently with the number of people in this one, but I was surprised at how this was handled.

The parking was ***, granted, and was annoyed that I wasn't warned about the fee. But I found a free spot and that was cool.

Got inside, and this is where I was shocked. How many years have they dine this thing?

The positioning of the collection bays was ***, so the lines were confusing as he'll once they had to curl around.

The guys took forever to collect the numbers, and I think batch collection being allowed wasn't fair game.

I expected a wait and got one, so not complaining. Just saying that they could have and should have made things a lot better, it's not really rocket science...

I had to wait so long that I couldn't go through the expo, so that wasn't cool. They could make the stalls on a circle and the lines through the middle of it... At least it's a forced look and will occupy the patrons...

But hey, with this many entrants, this stuff happens.

And the bag?

I came to race, not get free soap and cream. Gave it to a lady at the robot on my way home.

I think I went to the wrong place for registration. Got there just after 4. Queued for maybe 3 minutes. Collected two numbers. Efficient and friendly. Browsed the expo, bought a few things. Chatted to a whole lot of people. Gave plenty of smiles. Got more back. Went to get a reseed. Queued 5 minutes. Friendly people in the queue. Got bumped to C. Yay. Very helpful and friendly at the end of a long day for them. Cost R zero. Left happy. Parking cost zero. Must have gone to the wrong place. But this number looks pretty real though.

And now that same race starts and finishes in Brakpan - opposite ends of the (Jozi) world.

Does it ?? The Star 100 was the first

Does it ?? The Star 100 was the first

Yip, 29 years on... next year it's the 30th edition of this event (different race, different sponsor, same club involved - sort of).

Either way, it's a bucket-load more inconvenient for those in the east and the south. Probably worse for the pta guys as well.

You cant satisfy everyone, do you have any idea how many guys come from other towns? Potch, Klerksdorp, Witbank to name a few

Tweet from the organizers - #CCExpo HALF the Race Packs were collected today! Unprecedented! Never had this many collected on Day 1. We had 20 extra Staff on last year.

I will collect on Saturday.

Raceday parking... how is free parking on Sunday? Thinking of shooting down to the expo this morning to get some parking tickets as we didn't get enough in our corporate bond....

Edited by Mister-T

Raceday parking... how is free parking on Sunday? Thinking of shooting down to the expo this morning to get some parking tickets as we didn't get enough in our corporate bond....

from the faq page on the website http://www.cyclechallenge.co.za/Home/FAQCycleChallenge

• Is there ample safe parking at or near the venue?

At the K60 (through Sunninghill or for vehicles using the Allandale Rd access, there is parking in the Waterfall Estate at no cost. While all effort is taken to secure cars with private security, parking remains at your own risk.

Not going to read through 9 pages of whinge. I must just say that I was in and out in about 35 minutes though. That was at 5pm yesterday, I expected a push, shove and argument, but got none of the above. Well done organisers!

Prefer the dome to SCC too.