Surv0MTB

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously?

Yes

Help me out here, how is saying the driver deserved what he got NOT condoning the mob mentality?

Because he still deserved a PK if he instigated, which I think he did.

I have had confrontations with several motorists (just exchanging words) and they just don't seem to care, this is when a good old PK is needed.

Why is the driver trying to punch them at the start of the vid????

You're kidding right? For "lashing out"/swearing/zapping you now deserve to be beaten with a bicycle and fists and pepper sprayed... Sure buddy. This mentality will make this angry and vigilante-obsessed problem never-ending.

Yes :thumbup:

Maybe ALL road users will start obeying the rules of the road.

Did you actually think before typing any of this?

Utter drivel.

No, it just came from the heart.

Remember that next time you double park :)

I don't double park ;)

Edited by Admin
Inflammatory remarks removed

Are you the guy with the Spinnergy wheelset?

Spinnergies are illegal in road racing.. Riding a group ride with kids with wheels that are considered very dangerous for group riding is very irresponsible.

Spinnergies are illegal in road racing.. Riding a group ride with kids with wheels that are considered very dangerous for group riding is very irresponsible.

ON THE LIST OF ILLEGAL THINGS CARRIED OUT ON THE DAY I WOULD TAKE THAT AS A MISTER MEANER :whistling:

Peach come clean. You're a downhill biker from the big smoke so no way related to this skinny wheel CT crew. BUT you are properly acid with motorists for whatever reason and that's why you are feeling this action is justified right??

Just remember guys motorists don't see a roadie. a mtber or a commuter or a singlespeed hipster or a n old school roadie or a downhiller or whatever they see a guy on a bike, he is a cyclist so thanks to this we will all be lumped with a nutcase element with a mob mentality regardless whether you ride a frikkin DH bike or a tri bike...regardless of all the lunatics in their cars that are happy to shoot each other at the slightest provocation. The problem is that people in this country are behaving like they are permanently on a knife edge or something ..I spend a lot of time on the road in my car and really the level of aggression out there on our roads is insane. I do worry that one day I might stall my car by mistake or something and end up with a bullet in my head for it ...seriously people need to relax a bit its getting a bit scary. Next time you are riding on your bike or driving your car and someone does something a little silly ..think about it ..is it really worth getting in a knot about ....... sometimes you have to just let it go ... because of this event I am going to be nervous on my way to tokai ...

Just remember guys motorists don't see a roadie. a mtber or a commuter or a singlespeed hipster or a n old school roadie or a downhiller or whatever they see a guy on a bike, he is a cyclist so thanks to this we will all be lumped with a nutcase element with a mob mentality regardless whether you ride a frikkin DH bike or a tri bike...regardless of all the lunatics in their cars that are happy to shoot each other at the slightest provocation. The problem is that people in this country are behaving like they are permanently on a knife edge or something ..I spend a lot of time on the road in my car and really the level of aggression out there on our roads is insane. I do worry that one day I might stall my car by mistake or something and end up with a bullet in my head for it ...seriously people need to relax a bit its getting a bit scary. Next time you are riding on your bike or driving your car and someone does something a little silly ..think about it ..is it really worth getting in a knot about ....... sometimes you have to just let it go ... because of this event I am going to be nervous on my way to tokai ...

Agreed.

People are too highly strung and know the Pigs arn't going to do anything about it so they do whatever they want. No one cares about the next person, there is no sense of community in SA.

Peach old boy, take your blinkers off.

The way I see it, is that the Laaitie was almost halway into the vehicle to get hold of the driver, when the driver lashed out to defend himself from the attack (remember, this vid does not start right at the beginning of the attack, it was already in full swing when the OP got his phone out and on record).

Do you see any aggression from the driver for the rest of the 59seconds?

I only see a guy trying his best to escape an brutal attack by a bunch of thugs, but his escape route was blocked by the other members of the rabid thugs that tried to gain entry into the van from the other side.

Thread too long and grows too rapidly to keep up. Less serious note: those laaities are so flippen lightweight that it is probably the only place they can be mean - on a bike. Would like to see them do that to a van with some rugby players in.

The sad reality is that for many of us we have encountered that almost deliberate yet menacing motorist somewhere on some road that could easily have made our families have to grieve the loss of us were it not for some quick thinking at the time and we've felt the insane desire to dish out what we have viewed in this trending clip.

The bigger reality however is in a cyclist vs car confrontation, we as cyclists will simply never ever win. As such the onus is ALWAYS on us the cyclists to be the bigger 'person' and do the right thing. We NEED motorists to change their opinions and allow their behaviour to follow suit and should be doing what we can to bring on this change.