Who else is sick at the moment?

We had visitors last night for supper, one of whom has a bad cold ...... no one was amused when I came to sit at the table with a dust mask from my grinder kit  :eek:

I did however try to avoid any contact or closeness to the specific individual ..... not difficult as we don't get on that well  :ph34r:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great. Seems I'm getting sick..........just in time for 94.7

Sitting in a airconed office, going out into the yard to check stuff (39deg), back into cool office, out to site, back to office etc. not good for my health.

Trying to get proper sleep at night in this heat is also a mission.

Same here!  My 947 is not on anymore.  I'm on a training course so the bunch of people in a closed, A/C'ed environment and the dust due to the heat is killing me.

We had visitors last night for supper, one of whom has a bad cold ...... no one was amused when I came to sit at the table with a dust mask from my grinder kit  :eek:

I did however try to avoid any contact or closeness to the specific individual ..... not difficult as we don't get on that well  :ph34r:

Getting germs from someone you like is bad enough, getting germs from someone you don't like much is just beyond the pale!

Same here!  My 947 is not on anymore.  I'm on a training course so the bunch of people in a closed, A/C'ed environment and the dust due to the heat is killing me.

I've got that to look forward to week after next. Best thing is that I've already DONE the qualification already. Just that I need to do it all over again 'cos UNISA won't release the credit certificate I need to do my RPL course. So... All over again. 

• 2 months later...

My wife is Currently sick as a Dog. So now I'm sleeping on the couch until she is better. Don't want to catch anything before the Baberton Ultra.

There's a bit of Delhi-belly  :nuke:  :nuke:  :excl:  :excl:  doing the rounds. They say it runs in the jeans...( I can vouch for that, it really does... :ph34r: )

Yup that's me.

There's a bit of Delhi-belly  :nuke:  :nuke:  :excl:  :excl:  doing the rounds. They say it runs in the jeans...( I can vouch for that, it really does... :ph34r: )

was down for 8 days with that (And a vicious fever) early Jan .... at least I lost just short on 5 kg's :P

was down for 8 days with that (And a vicious fever) early Jan .... at least I lost just short on 5 kg's :P

It seems like the whole of the Tableview area has it at the moment...Including myself at least 6 of my colleagues had it / have it at present.

• 3 months later...

ARGH woke up on Saturday morning with a cold(sore throat, blocked nose, sneezing). Took all the vit C and viral choice and corenza and and and. Did bugger all training this weekend. Got Maluti next weekend so I cant exactly just stop all together. Did a short easy ride today and sort of felt ok. Feeling pretty drained now at work though. Nose still slightly blocked but i think I have managed to get off lucky. Wednesday I need to be good for a decent ride. Fingers crossed.

I had the flu vaccine on Thursday. I was seeing the doctor for a throat that felt like it had been sanded with 220 grit sandpaper and a fever that left me sweating like hell Doctor said it was "acute sinusitis" and will clear soon.

So far so good for the flu vaccine, I haven't felt any flu symptoms coming on yet, so I'm hoping this will be the year where I don't get flu :)

The 1000 Vitality points are a (slight) bonus too!

Flu injections .... some swear by them, others are dead against them .... I have one the first week in April every year.

Other hubbers experience?

Being in the aviation industry and the type of work I used to do a few years back(On the line at the aircraft as it comes in, Inside straight after pax are off and checking for snags between flights) I was supposedly at risk so when bird flu hit we all got given the choice of having the shot here at our medical centre for free. Decided to go for it. Otherwise never had it, I just try eat right and stay active. I generally don't get sick but as seen above I am now all of a sudden.