Who remembers?

DPG

Dallas and sven sk8ed in that..ramp was eventually moved to jewish guild look ahead.

The zorlac tour was even more epic.. got to sk8 with steve schneer,peanut brown and aaron dieter... whole nasrec hall to ourselves with vert ramp and fun box for a week..was epic :thumbup:

Flippen awesome!! I remeber Bob droping into that huge ramp barefoot...

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

... When Tony Hawk and Ray Barbee came to the Standard Bank Arena. My goodness, I had never witnessed skateboarding on that scale. We were still on locally made Variflex boards, trying to ollie. They were pulling 9ft airs.

My brother still has the T-shirt with their autographs. He was big into skateboarding had a santa cruz. And a home made quarter pipe we used to carry into the street every day ha ha ha.

I too have a story I am still trying to forget about...

It involved getting caught smoking zol in the garden, being taken upstairs and being caned by a woman. I sh** you not. Only White Horse can boast such outlandish claims... :eek:

Hahahaaaaaa. Cool story Stevie

Flippen awesome!! I remeber Bob droping into that huge ramp barefoot...

o damn i remember that tour.. he had the cut on his foot from coral/surfing ..thats when they started coming to SA often.. after geoff rowley,chad muska, bob and jamie thomas etc ..tour. :thumbup:

Now pros about often and def once a year @ maloof.

globe,converse and thrasher guys were just here on seperate tours .

Edited by 2Nutz

Spatz in Sandton? Pig and Whistle in Milpark? Warriors Arms?

Spatz. Think the resident band was 909. I had the hots for the lead singer. Blondie. Warrior Arms - I can remember going in....

I work in JHB CBD and noticed about a year ago that parts of the original signage for the Doors is still visible where they were before moving to Edenvale. Close to the Carlton centre.

On a ride with the #TourDeJozi guys we went down there. The shell of the building from after the fire is as it was , it's quite sad.

o damn i remember that tour.. he had the cut on his foot from coral/surfing ..thats when they started coming to SA often.. after geoff rowley,chad muska, bob and jamie thomas etc ..tour. :thumbup:

Now pros about often and def once a year @ maloof.

globe,converse and thrasher guys were just here on seperate tours .

Ja those tours were awesome! My brother inlaw used to work for session so him and my sister almost alaways got to hang with the pro's at Maloof. Lucky bastards.