Who remembers?

DPG

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very, very nearly bought a "Magnum" Ferrari about 15 years ago because of Magnum PI - it was going for a very pricely sum back then of R280000 and it was between that, and a new Alfa 156 Sportwagon for R240000. Would have been my first proper car after I qualified. Luckily sanity prevailed after I took it for a test drive and realised it wasn't nearly as romantic as Magnum made it look!

[emoji23] [emoji23]

My youngest came home with Afrikaans homework the other night... Had to write the lyrics to this and draw a pic of the monkey on the barrel.

http://www.vintagemedia.co.za/sites/default/files/television_images/Wielie_Walie_titlescreen.jpg

My daughter gets to the part, "...val hy af, Wielie Wielie Walie" and replaces it with "...val hy af, dan klim hy op, Wielie Wielie Walie".

My daughter gets to the part, "...val hy af, Wielie Wielie Walie" and replaces it with "...val hy af, dan klim hy op, Wielie Wielie Walie".

...oupa het n vark gery, af geval en seer gekry, opgeklim en weer gery.

Very, very nearly bought a "Magnum" Ferrari about 15 years ago because of Magnum PI - it was going for a very pricely sum back then of R280000 and it was between that, and a new Alfa 156 Sportwagon for R240000. Would have been my first proper car after I qualified. Luckily sanity prevailed after I took it for a test drive and realised it wasn't nearly as romantic as Magnum made it look!

The maintenance would have been the interesting bit but then again so would the Alfa. 308's were the berries, Love that car even though a modern 1400 could probably outrun it...

• 1 month later...

Barney Simon - if it's too loud you're too old!

He still rocks and hates Jason Donovan and Celine Dion. The Jacaranda aunties smaak him stukkend.

He still rocks and hates Jason Donovan and Celine Dion. The Jacaranda aunties smaak him stukkend.

He was never my favourite person but to give credit where its due, back in the day, he did play music that was  not  readily available and so people got to hear songs that they probably wouldn't have heard otherwise.

He was never my favourite person but to give credit where its due, back in the day, he did play music that was  not  readily available and so people got to hear songs that they probably wouldn't have heard otherwise.

an acquaintance of mine urinated in his winkel picker ...he was not amused

he was important in the 80's in SA music scene for what he did...but then he discovered rage music in the early 90s  (for want of a better word) and only ever played that

Guest notmyname

an acquaintance of mine urinated in his winkel picker ...he was not amused

he was important in the 80's in SA music scene for what he did...but then he discovered rage music in the early 90s (for want of a better word) and only ever played that

What is "rage music"?