Suspected stolen Scott Spark 29er Exp seen at Rosebank Engen

DirtRyder

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a small world we live in - obviously way too small for the dumbass now sitting behind bars. Well done to DirtRyder for posting and Max it's awesome that you've got your ride back, oh, and to the SAPS guys - you've restored some faith in your abilities, well done :)

That dumbass has probably been released on R250 bail and already flattened a streetwise 2 since the arrest

Just want to say a quick thanks to all. Going to follow this case all the way through the courts to see what happens. The chap they caught with my bike says he bought it for R600. But cops think he is a fence. Waiting to sell it to someone more expensive.

But want to use this as a opportunity for us riders to understand who is buying our stolen bikes. Is this a syndicate? And how do we combat it? And use forums like this to be our eyes and ears? But again. Thanks all. It might be a Scott as some have said. But that bike had taken many places and very happy to have it back.

Awesome awesome result , a hubber being mindful enough to snap some quick pics and heh presto. A wrong has been righted. Sweet deal

Shot Dirt. I would/will personally buy you a beer for what you have done.

This guy keeps drinking all these beers, he's not going to be able to get on a bike! Maybe a few Steri Stumpies?

Where do all our high end bikes that get stolen end up? The community is only so big, and OLX, Gumtree, Hub "dodgy deals" are identified pretty quickly?

Where do all our high end bikes that get stolen end up? The community is only so big, and OLX, Gumtree, Hub "dodgy deals" are identified pretty quickly?

million dollar question, i spoke to a large transporter who runs to congo,zambia, he says the bikes go up north and from there to europe, i cant say i agree or disagree it doesnt sound likely but it would explain why they just go POOF GONE

every now and then 1 bike appears and it is found, ive been to moz/zim there are not thousands of top end bikes floating around, again 1 or 2 but these bikes are not staying local or close cross border or we would have nailed at least 1 syndicate by now ??????????

Just want to say a quick thanks to all. Going to follow this case all the way through the courts to see what happens. The chap they caught with my bike says he bought it for R600. But cops think he is a fence. Waiting to sell it to someone more expensive.

But want to use this as a opportunity for us riders to understand who is buying our stolen bikes. Is this a syndicate? And how do we combat it? And use forums like this to be our eyes and ears? But again. Thanks all. It might be a Scott as some have said. But that bike had taken many places and very happy to have it back.

There's nothing wrong with Scott!

The sad reality is that the stolen bikes get sold to the average Jo we ride with for 5k because he cant afford a 50k bike... The "want" exceeds the moral conflict. :(

Well guys this is a good news story which shows the power of social media. I told the cops at Parkview about this post and they sent the investigating officer to the Engen petrol station. The manager there pointed out where the guy was with my bike. He was a hawker across the road. The cops phoned me back 15 minutes later to say they have my bike and have arrested the guy who had it.

I have to say since they broke into my house the cops have been fantastic.

But a big thanks DirtyRyder who spotted it. If we meet on the trails I will definitely buy you a couple of cold ones.

I love Happy News like this :clap: :clap: but still get the feeling that I want to beat the Cr@p out of the guy!!!

That dumbass has probably been released on R250 bail and already flattened a streetwise 2 since the arrest

Chukky, the dumbass shops at woolies. he's too cool for kfc. Although his bail may have been a streetwise 2?