Must I be Embarrassed To Ask Questions

Bradley Page-Lee

Ask questionS that's the point of a community forum, yes there are tools, and multi tools, but there are some really great people, as in life figure out who is who in the ZOO,

Sorry fellow animals.......a vacancy has already been filled..... by me........find your own pozie in the HUB chain.......

post-41755-0-25598600-1406044249_thumb.jpg

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 things:

1. Be clear. A massive block of text that's all one sentence is pretty tough to wade through, and will result in you getting some chirps about lack of education or effort. Complete sentences, punctuation and paragraphs will help you no end. Being able to write properly will also help if you want a job that doesn't involve flipping burgers one day.

2. Search the forum first before posting a question, most bike and cycling related topics have been covered here before. If you ask if 26 is better than 29 or how to stop your brakes squeaking, don't be surprised if you get ripped a new one.

3. Don't take anything (or anyone) too seriously. (This one can be pretty useful in life as well.) Maybe their mothers beat them up as kids and they're just sour and looking for someone to take it out on. Not saying this is what happened on that other thread, but everyone's got their issues. Don't make them yours too.

Last one - the only stupid question is the one you didn't ask. Curiosity is to be encouraged, otherwise you'll end up like 80% of our population who know less than my dog but think the world owes them a favour.

3 things:

1. Be clear. A massive block of text that's all one sentence is pretty tough to wade through, and will result in you getting some chirps about lack of education or effort. Complete sentences, punctuation and paragraphs will help you no end. Being able to write properly will also help if you want a job that doesn't involve flipping burgers one day.

2. Search the forum first before posting a question, most bike and cycling related topics have been covered here before. If you ask if 26 is better than 29 or how to stop your brakes squeaking, don't be surprised if you get ripped a new one.

3. Don't take anything (or anyone) too seriously. (This one can be pretty useful in life as well.) Maybe their mothers beat them up as kids and they're just sour and looking for someone to take it out on. Not saying this is what happened on that other thread, but everyone's got their issues. Don't make them yours too.

Last one - the only stupid question is the one you didn't ask. Curiosity is to be encouraged, otherwise you'll end up like 80% of our population who know less than my dog but think the world owes them a favour.

.......and post a lot of picthas......some of us are slow (and on the bike too).

We understands picthas much gooder......especially if you post picthas of gooses (Ex-kapie will hit your like button like seriously)

Enjoy the trip!

Sorry didnt mean to start something but the response kind of made me feel humiliated and that im out of my league. I got lost between forums and i asked what a thread is, i also posted a comment on the wrong page/fourm. But the response from him, like im a idiot, cool i dont mind been an idiot in a place of learning amongst those willing to pass knowledge on but to be nailed for that lack of experience was a problem. Ive never felt embaressed in front of a computer screen before actually I havent felt embaressed for years until today. But anyway... There people on this forum who have taught me so much in the last 5 days its ridiculous and one of them recommended a page or a THREAD...TERMINOLGY... and i wanted to ask questions there, so i was getting my courage together, wondering is the right place etc etc getting a bit lost then bang SHOT ME DOWN. You can say im emotional, thats cool, you could read the situation now and think this dudes over reacting, thats cool to. But at that moment it felt like i was been judged by a dude who has no clue to who I am..and thats what i didnt like. Okay, its over. Thanks for encouragement to carry on.

It's simple.

Ask questions, even dumb ones.

Don't take things so personally.

Learn the meaning of HTFU.

Use paragraphs.

Don't waffle.

See? It's easy.

Sorry didnt mean to start something but the response kind of made me feel humiliated and that im out of my league. I got lost between forums and i asked what a thread is, i also posted a comment on the wrong page/fourm. But the response from him, like im a idiot, cool i dont mind been an idiot in a place of learning amongst those willing to pass knowledge on but to be nailed for that lack of experience was a problem. Ive never felt embaressed in front of a computer screen before actually I havent felt embaressed for years until today. But anyway... There people on this forum who have taught me so much in the last 5 days its ridiculous and one of them recommended a page or a THREAD...TERMINOLGY... and i wanted to ask questions there, so i was getting my courage together, wondering is the right place etc etc getting a bit lost then bang SHOT ME DOWN. You can say im emotional, thats cool, you could read the situation now and think this dudes over reacting, thats cool to. But at that moment it felt like i was been judged by a dude who has no clue to who I am..and thats what i didnt like. Okay, its over. Thanks for encouragement to carry on.

Here you go, as mentioned by others don't take it serious, get a thicker skin and jump right in.

post-7-0-59586600-1406047451_thumb.jpg

To the OP, in other words the Original Poster, if you don't know what a thread is, I will assume that you're reasonably new to online forums such as The Hub. I found it quite intimidating at first, but I soon learnt to be true to myself, treat others as I would want them to treat me, and don't take matters personally when they don't. As others have said, it's only the internet after all.

I have to agree that there's nothing I hate more than when somebody says use the search engine before asking a question. I say rubbish - some kind Hubber will gladly respond or send you to an appropriate link.

Welcome!!

My second post I sorta got K@*#& out by JB for not asking a question with enough detail

I learned and I'm still here. Don't take anyone to seriously on here and if they piss you off use the ignore function

The only explanation I have is that Bradley' dude is young and vulnerable.

:-)

Stay here, man, if you're a cycling enthusiast like most peeps here.

There's lots to share and lots to learn.

And about Morpheus or Morph' - he's okay.

I've noticed his contributions for a while now.

He loves bikes deeply; maybe like you.

If you ask me, the retard award goes to the person saying "Use the search function"

Clearly the guy is new to forums, so clearly he hasn't figured out the search function. Think before you type. And if you don't you suffer.

PS, this is a response to the stupid replies, not the stupid questions. As there is no such thing as a stupid question. But there such things as stupid replies... I respect someone with the courage to ask a question. I don't respect someone with an unhelpful stupid answer.

3 things:

736453.gif

Edited by Oxter