Gun carry on bicycle

Fast Forward

I was aslo thinking about it, I was thinking of taking my grandfathers 6.35mm handgun, it is small so you can strap it to your body. On the other hand I was thinking, why don't the make small paintball guns, you can use a CO2 bomb and then it would be small and you don!'t need a license, you can take pepper balls as well.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I should go to the gun shop and go check their smallest gun.

VERY NICE COMPACT GUN LESS THAN R10K, AND IT FEELS LIKE A "NORMAL SIZE 9MM" ON THE GRIP AND THE TRIGGER, YOU DONT NEED A 5 YEAR OLDS HAND TO PULL THE TRIGGER

I AM ONLY TRYING TO GET AROUND OUR GUN LAWS TO GO AND FETCH MINE IVE PAID FOR IT I NEED THE LICENCE :cursing: :cursing:

Rather train with others and find the appropriate times and routes.

There is inherent additional risk should the armed cyclist be ambushed or suprized, knocked over and robbed of his weapon.

One of my collegues belongs to a few gun associations and has more guns than I have bikes.

When I was asking him about self defence with a gun, he says he would not engage in a gun fight without 3 full ammo clips. Being a dummy around guns I would guess this means about 36 rounds.

I WOULD NOT WILLINGLY ENGAGE IN A GUN FIGHT, BUT IF I GOT NO OPTION I WOULD RATHER HAVE 6 SHOTS MORE CHANCE THAN HAVING NONE

One of my collegues belongs to a few gun associations and has more guns than I have bikes.

When I was asking him about self defence with a gun, he says he would not engage in a gun fight without 3 full ammo clips. Being a dummy around guns I would guess this means about 36 rounds.

So the bigger question is where would you keep your ammo? And then in order to reload you need sone protection of sorts?

So this is what I propose, offers good protection when needed most, may affect your strava times a bit though

gallery_39047_1543_939.jpg

Edited by Dogmatix

The other thing a well is do you want to kill him or scare him? If you can use .22 bullets it can really hurt him but don't kill hom. The thing Dale said there is true, then the basterd take your bike and gun.

Maybe the people that have been attacked whilst cycling can give us more insight - if you had a gun, would it have made a difference / would you have been able to protect yourself with it?

MY 2c

if you carry,

it must not be visisble

you must be combat trained, and continously train

you must know the law and actually know when you are legally allowed to engage

and if you pull the gun you must be sure you can/will do the right thing in the heat of the moment

and know that pulling that gun must be you complete last resort, rather try get out of the situation

I'm a gun enthusiast, I enjoy using them and I know how/when to use them to protect myself. To me, the issue of actually carrying and concealing the gun is a minor problem, easily overcome.

The real problem is what happens when you get confronted. A person blocking your path is a potential attacker, but your life isn't in danger at that point, so you can't simply blow him away. If someone knocks you off the bike with the intention of stealing it, there is possible disorientation which could lead to a delay in drawing the weapon, and that could easily be life threatening.

The only time a gun is effective, is when you have enough time to use it properly. At any other time, it may be a hindrance that could cost you your life.

I would think its not the amount of rounds you have but at how good you are at hitting the target ...

Maybe off topic slightly but I've recently attached a mace spray to the frame using velcro (Builders Warehouse) and it hasn't fallen off yet (I do put it in my back pocket on the more technical stuff but I reckon it will stay put).

I WOULD NOT WILLINGLY ENGAGE IN A GUN FIGHT, BUT IF I GOT NO OPTION I WOULD RATHER HAVE 6 SHOTS MORE CHANCE THAN HAVING NONE

True.

But as mentioned in other threads you need to be well trained to aware of your situation, be able to react quickly enough to draw your weapon before you are disarmed and be prepared to shoot your attacker.

As always there are pros and cons.

About 10 years ago two members of our mtb club were ambushed by 6 armed men. Our members were trained combat shotists and were also armed. They managed to ward of the attack and kill one of the attackers.

Within a short time two other cyclists were shot in separate incidents without any warnings in the nearby area. The attackers were taking no chances.

I would think its not the amount of rounds you have but at how good you are at hitting the target ...

With my background I would be better off throwing the gun rather than trying to shoot with it.

Edited by I FLY

Maybe off topic slightly but I've recently attached a mace spray to the frame using velcro (Builders Warehouse) and it hasn't fallen off yet (I do put it in my back pocket on the more technical stuff but I reckon it will stay put).

when i commute i have stitched a piece of heavy duty velcro to my back pack straps in front and i put mine on my chest if i am pushed off the bike my mace is on me ready to use,you can do it with a camel pak also , the mace wont help you when you get kicked off your bike, and its still attatched to the bike riding away with the new owner, he will just have mace to use on his next poor victim