Local Online Bike Shop - Bad Experience

An3

Can you do an EFT for such an amount, your answer lies within.

I actually paid the R0.00 with my credit card.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You ordered those bikes at R0.00 knowing the price is incorrect, when they advised you of this you kept at it. Don't now act surprised when they get itchy with you. You picked the fight and wouldn't let it go. You were the victim of a mistake, what you are doing is intentional.

An example of the opposite:

Yesterday we went to Cape Union Mart. We bought a carrier for my little dude to come & hike with us. So the tag price says R1699 and the shelve says R1299. What did the salesman say? We’ll sir, it is marked as R1299 here so that is what we will charge you. No arguing or anything. Guess where I will shop first for anything in that retail category in future?

You ordered those bikes at R0.00 knowing the price is incorrect, when they advised you of this you kept at it. Don't now act surprised when they get itchy with you. You picked the fight and wouldn't let it go. You were the victim of a mistake, what you are doing is intentional.

Still no reason to get personal. The said shop should have kept their reply professional.

What BS.... Name and Shame them and take it higher with the Said Online company. Surely a response like that wouldn't come from the owner themselves.... And if it Did...... Name and Shame them...

Why did this person had to belittle my "logic", checked up on me and threaten me with his legal team and somebody on my company's Board of Directors?

Any suggestions for a response to this person?

The belittling bit is a difficult bullet to dodge, the legal threat is one 0 too far.

You accept bad service, that is your choice. We don't, that is our choice

Having read through it again, you must have tried to contest not getting the bikes for free considering the 2nd response.

Surely if you had have accepted the initial response about the bikes as "coming soon" and it being an error.

Its quite one sided as it stands, I would be interested to see you response to their first email.

I would love for you to post the full email thread.. not just their response.. seams you provoked. What was your intention in the first place? why waste their time if clearly they had made an error?

You accept bad service, that is your choice. We don't, that is our choice

Read the OP, their first response was fine, only when he tried to make a point did it go south.

Now read carefully, I'm not condoning what they did or what they said, but the guy trying make a point is not blameless.

He came here for advice, my advice is leave it as there will be no winners here.

Edited by Patchelicious

It is a good thing that I am not in retail. If someone has nothing better to do than to engage with a bike shop employee on what was clearly an error on the website or try to use this error to blatantly exploit the situation, my response would have been much more colorful.