loadshedding

Matchstix

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a friend that's got a business that takes waste and generates power - I'm over simplifying the process here - they sent a proposal to dept. that invited them to come and present - super keen - not only would this help clear land fills - but also generate power - but as soon as the two white boys walked in - he said they could immediately feel the walls going up, and they were turned away.

Botswana however are very keen...

I reckon there is lots of a different sort of load being shed when the lights go out and we might see a spike in the birth rate in the 1st quarter of next year. :blush:

Our place tonight from 20h00 - 22h30.  Will be very interesting to keep the kids entertained. Maybe I must go for an early sleep.  Doing a ride at Welvanpas tomorrow morning.  White route.  I will need the energy.

Edited by Moridin

Even more frustrating is planning & preparing your whole evening around that 20h00 loadshedding timeslot, then at 20h00 we sit in bed with a book, camplights and candles ready, waiting for the power to go off and then - nothing... Electricity stays on....

Am I the only one who is then disappointed that there is no loadshedding?  :ph34r:  I feel like walking to the main switch and turning off the power myself.

Our place tonight from 20h00 - 22h30.  Will be very interesting to keep the kids entertained. Maybe I must go for an early sleep.  Doing a ride at Welvanpas tomorrow morning.  Red route.  I will need the energy.

Snap, we're also doing Welvans tomorrow. Both routes with a bread and coffee stop inbetween.

NEVER had load shedding.

Do what I did - buy a house on the same power grid as the Union Buildings and most of the big Embassies in Pretoria.

NEVER had load shedding.

Do what I did - buy a house on the same power grid as the Union Buildings and most of the big Embassies in Pretoria.

......or close to a hospital......Kloof hospital in this case.

We had a sub station blow up once for 3days no power(we have a gen set)so no real issue, I have no idea why our area has no load shedding

No hospitals ,,embassy or anything of value,,that I know of,

Maybe I should advertise my property

4 sale house that does not experience load shedding

Maybe I get more for it

Edited by DIPSLICK

There are various apps to keep you updated with the load shedding status & times by pushing notifications to your mobile device (Gridwatch etc), but the one with the most original name must be 'Eskom se Push' :)

For Android see https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ashwhale.sepush.eskom&hl=en

Apparently available in the Apple appstore as well.

If anyone's interested, I downloaded the Load Shedding Alert app by Bitzulu from the Android store. It doesn't ask for 100 different permissions, in fact doesn't need any permissions at all. So far it has worked very well. :thumbup:

We had a sub station blow up once for 3days no power(we have a gen set)so no real issue, I have no idea why our area has no load shedding

No hospitals ,,embassy or anything of value,,that I know of,

Maybe I should advertise my property

4 sale house that does not experience load shedding

Maybe I get more for it

Shhhhhh . I'm convinced there's some big wig that lives in my grid. Scheduled for 10am-1-pm today. I'm scheduling a quick ride and then heading out to meet some mates but will be interesting to see if we go out.

The shortest I have had since Wednesday is 5 hours. (I suspect nobody of any value lives on my grid)

What really winds me up is the golf estate next door never seems to get loadshedding, and these idiots have every light inside and outside burning 24/7 (not an exaggeration).

I'm going to run an extension cord over the wall from them to me...

Eskom is a client of the corporate I work for and I hear from some of our people who deal with them that say winter is going to be even worse.