Show us your KOMs on Strava

Ryno.

Garmin Connect mobile seems to have most of the features that Strava has, although I have not explored in detail

Perhaps it will gain some traction from some disgruntled Strava users

Garmin Connect is nice.

Polar's platform is slightly better.

Never bothered to check out what Wahoo offers ...

Looking for something that can import data from all three ....

Wonder if I could import from Wahoo/zwift to Garmin Connect ....

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just can't decide if I should pay the subscription or not.  Not sure if I am going to use all the extras.  

I am aware of the 2 month free trail.

Garmin Connect is nice.

Polar's platform is slightly better.

Never bothered to check out what Wahoo offers ...

Looking for something that can import data from all three ....

Wonder if I could import from Wahoo/zwift to Garmin Connect ....

yes you can

if you pop me an email, I will send you a step by step that I just made for my Wife's one client

Edited by RocknRolla

Can someone explain it in english to me?

This segments thing that is now subscription. If I go for a ride, and look at it onm strava will I still see the segments and how I compare against myself, I just now wont see where I compare overall? All I'll see is the top ten on that segment?

Is that correct?

I'm a STRAVA freeloader...and love it!!!

I have a resistance to pay for "online" stuff with re-occurring payments.  I much rather pay a once off fee, and then get a benefit.  Where possible I don't even do debit orders, I'll rather do manual payments.

This gives me total control on my expenses. 

Hence my reason being a freeloader...so I am going to feel the pain on this one....

BUT

I thought STRAVA would have switched off the leaderboard details by now

All is well still!!! No changes!! 

yes you can

if you pop me an email, I will send you a step by step that I just made for my Wife's one client

That has value, so don't send it for free, charge a small fee :)

Beer is currently a good currency. 

This segments thing that is now subscription. If I go for a ride, and look at it onm strava will I still see the segments and how I compare against myself, I just now wont see where I compare overall? All I'll see is the top ten on that segment?

Is that correct?

Seems you loose the ability to explore the leaderboard detail. 

Up to now - when you open the segment, you will see the top 10, and where you feature with your PR.  You then click on the leaderboard tab to see the full detail (all your runs on the segment, etc, etc)

Future STRAVA - this ability you lose.  Clicking on the tab will no direct you to the detail.

I would guess you will still get a notification when you better you PR.

Is that correct?

If I read it properly then you can't look at your previous attempts at that segment to compare...

I'm a STRAVA freeloader...and love it!!!

I have a resistance to pay for "online" stuff with re-occurring payments. I much rather pay a once off fee, and then get a benefit. Where possible I don't even do debit orders, I'll rather do manual payments.

This gives me total control on my expenses.

Hence my reason being a freeloader...so I am going to feel the pain on this one....

BUT

I thought STRAVA would have switched off the leaderboard details by now

All is well still!!! No changes!!

That’s why I bought a once off subscription to WKO4. It gives me much more than I need and is purely analytical and zero social stuff. At a point I had 5 friends on it and was giving them individual feedback on some rides (not as a coach, but as a learning curve for me).

Seems you loose the ability to explore the leaderboard detail. 

Up to now - when you open the segment, you will see the top 10, and where you feature with your PR.  You then click on the leaderboard tab to see the full detail (all your runs on the segment, etc, etc)

Future STRAVA - this ability you lose.  Clicking on the tab will no direct you to the detail.

I would guess you will still get a notification when you better you PR.

They eavesdropped.  Changes implemented  :(  :(  :(

I stopped using Strava a while back, have they handicapped the free version now?

You always have to wonder with these services if they wait until the platform is big enough and popular enough to force monetization on the users. 

If I read it properly then you can't look at your previous attempts at that segment to compare...

If so, then the free version becomes pointless.

I see the new changes in my Strava mobile app - limited leader-board etc, but I can still see my personal previous attempts on a segment

I see the new changes in my Strava mobile app - limited leader-board etc, but I can still see my personal previous attempts on a segment

Yeah without installing the latest update.

The last 4 attempts.  Which is not to bad...

I stopped using Strava a while back, have they handicapped the free version now?

You always have to wonder with these services if they wait until the platform is big enough and popular enough to force monetization on the users. 

Nothing is forced.