NJ CRICHTON

Schalk Roestoff

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Addiction is not a choice, however- recovery is. I am not condoning or supporting the person here. His consequences will come and that would have been his choice.

Not wanting to derail the thread, but in what way is addiction not a choice? Apart from rare cases like alco-fetal syndrome and unwittingly taking a substance? You start doing drugs by deciding to take it....

Not wanting to derail the thread, but in what way is addiction not a choice? Apart from rare cases like alco-fetal syndrome and unwittingly taking a substance? You start doing drugs by deciding to take it....

You don't decide to get addicted though...

Starting to take something / experiencing chemicals is not at all the same as getting addicted to it. It's like saying mental illness is not a sickness

You don't decide to get addicted though...

He has a point though, when taking any substance, most intelligent and informed people know the risks.

NJ knew this and his MO in obtaining funds to feed the addition proves it

Some blokes can have 2 beers at a braai every few weeks without an issue. Other become alcoholics.

I read an article on the science of addiction during my drug counselling training that explained the chemistry behind addiction...

Lemme go find it. Its really quite interesting...

I read an article on the science of addiction during my drug counselling training that explained the chemistry behind addiction...

All of which is pretty funny coming from a bunch of okes, myself included, that get jittery if they can't get onto the Hub at least a few times a day... :ph34r:

All of which is pretty funny coming from a bunch of okes, myself included, that get jittery if they can't get onto the Hub at least a few times a day... :ph34r:

FOMO

Guest notmyname

Addiction is not an excuse....klaar. Stop trying to justify what he did by saying, addiction. He had a choice , and he exercised it. It like julius saying , its not criminal to steal when you are poor.

I can't recall anyone justifying this diseased criminals actions. And your example is so out of whack is quite shocking. Maybe read up on the interwebs about the disease of addiction.... Thank you for your opinion, it's Interesting to see the difference in mindset.

Edited by Small Fry

**** is that all 4 wheels?????

No. Only 3. The oke the car belonged to drove like this for about 2km. He went thru the KFC drive thru and stopped at the garage even on his way home.

He was so high from booze and sleeping pills that he had no clue. He did a 23 point turn to get the car in the garage. But he got it in somehow.

In the end, his addiction cost him his life.