Dopers suck

fandacious

Nope he was competing, came in 3rd.  That comes with a medal and an envelope.

Seriously, nothing you will say will convince DieselnDust that he was racing. And nothing DnD will say will convince any hubber KE was a funrider. So maybe its time to break this circle and move on to the next topic...

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Social justice. I don’t know if it is a term? If it aint, I am coining it.

I need to draw a very unfortunate parallel between the Dros rapist and dopers.

When the story broke about the Dros rapist, people were looking for more blood too flow.

I was looking at social media and I thought: Damn. This oke has no where to run. His face was plastered everywhere...when you google his name, this is what he will be known for. On his facebook profile, there was a section where he announced he got engaged. The comments on that balooned to over 12k comments before his profile was deleted. Those comments where not along the line of: congrats.wishing you all the best.

Maybe in the future this social justice penalty is a good sanction against someone. Not being able to hide. Ever.

They will walk past you and you will see them looking at you. Their eyes following you. Talking about you behind your back. Trying to defend yourself and your actions on social media...

In 2018, people do things for likes and kudos...it is a fact. Having likes, kudos, followers and friends make us feel socailly connected. we feel rejected when we don’t get it anymore, when we become social outcasts. Maybe this is the real penalty.

Riding past a previous doper with socks that scream: dopers suck...maybe getting your feelings hurt on social media is going to be a thing for our children. We might not care, but your socially media connected children will. Would you want your kid to grow up and have the world know a really crappy story about daddy?

So are you suggesting that KE's kids shouldn't have to find out that their dad was a cheat and then disregarded the ban handed out to him because he could?

I doubt the rapist guy will have kids if he doesn't already. I don't think men can fall pregnant no matter how many people he sleeps with in prison.

I agree that social media is terrible, but if you love your kids you will probably tell them you made terrible mistakes as a younger man and they mustn't do the same. 

If he hadn't ridden in the races while banned, no one would care about KE. 

Nope he was competing, came in 3rd.  That comes with a medal and an envelope.

Check around 8:00 mark

https://www.facebook.com/drevilclassic/videos/2129288010424491/

As an aside, don't know if this was isolated to Dr Evil and K2C or not.  Scott and The Bike Shop were sponsors to both events and the Bike Shop management was obviously very involved in Dr Evil especially.

What can we say? Except DR Evil will not see my money and nor will K2C

So are you suggesting that KE's kids shouldn't have to find out that their dad was a cheat and then disregarded the ban handed out to him because he could?

I doubt the rapist guy will have kids if he doesn't already. I don't think men can fall pregnant no matter how many people he sleeps with in prison.

I agree that social media is terrible, but if you love your kids you will probably tell them you made terrible mistakes as a younger man and they mustn't do the same.

If he hadn't ridden in the races while banned, no one would care about KE.

Not at all, but I was wondering if social media outcasting might not provide the incentive to stay clean.

Oh and the rapist’s girlfriend is six months pregnant. Allegedly. Read that in the Rapport if I’m not mistaken.

Edited by Bruce Banner

Not at all, but I was wondering if social media outcasting might not provide the incentive to stay clean.

Be careful what you wish for.

Let's take the guy on the beach "clear skies, beautiful weather and not a single cyclist in sight" as an example:

He probably got what he deserved.

BUT it didn't stop there.

The Social Justice Warriors have gone after his whole family, demanding his wife be fired from her job. Family business + 50 innocent people's jobs lost. Death threats to the family has forced them to remove kids from schools, etc, etc.

Where do we draw the line?

Be careful what you wish for.

Let's take the guy on the beach "clear skies, beautiful weather and not a single cyclist in sight" as an example:

He probably got what he deserved.

BUT it didn't stop there.

The Social Justice Warriors have gone after his whole family, demanding his wife be fired from her job. Family business + 50 innocent people's jobs lost. Death threats to the family has forced them to remove kids from schools, etc, etc.

Where do we draw the line?

Fair enough. But he missed an opportunity to keep his mouth shut. Seeing the repercussions should be an incentive for others to act socially responsible.

Yoh... that dude on the beach... sheeesh

His family did boot him out of the business and pretty much disown him as far as I know.

That poor child will grow up without a father. Best for that lady to move far away and keep her maiden name.

It's an ego thing.

'I'm not allowed to race because I was a lying, cheating piece of scum, but I'm going to ride in unsanctioned races because I can, even though I'm banned, but it's not sanctioned so I can fuel my ego and beat a few people and still say things like, 'I'm not racing and I STILL beat all these chumps' in a non race race'....

Why else would you participate in an event while banned?

Riding my bike is fun. Riding races is not anywhere near as fun as just riding my bike. A mass participation event usually has pretty average km in it. A 24 hour race solo is also definitely not 'fun'.

Ego. It's ego.

So KE/LA want to stoke their ego's while banned doing the thing they are banned from doing because they are big dirty cheats.

They are not earning money from it anymore, so the incentive is not what it used to be. LA with a life ban is probably a different kettle of fish, but KE could just wait till his ban was over. It's only a few months away.

Interesting view. Not one I’ve considered. I love racing. I’m competitive by nature. But I don’t see this as boosting my ego. But then again I’m no champion.

Offering a different narrative to the “why” here. Not trying to debate any ethic or moral values.

Fair enough. But he missed an opportunity to keep his mouth shut. Seeing the repercussions should be an incentive for others to act socially responsible.

Agreed!! 

He should have had a bit more foresight.

Personally, I didn't really think much of it at the time either, but after reading everyone's input on the matter I kinda see the point being made about being banned and competing in events.

I first took it more along the lines of Hansie Cronje enjoying a game of beach cricket with a bunch of kids after his lifetime ban, but it's probably more along the lines of winning player of the year in the premier division club cricket.

The whole social media mob justice mentality happening in the world is getting a bit dangerous in my opinion.

Off topic here but I call bull^& on that story. Family business went bust literally a week or 2 after that story. I cannot believe that a successfully run business will go bust in that short space of time simply because of  a half-hearted social media campaign. I think that business was already in deep trouble  and the whole story just gave them a convenient excuse.

I think we often over-estimate the power of social media.

Social justice. I don’t know if it is a term? If it aint, I am coining it.

I need to draw a very unfortunate parallel between the Dros rapist and dopers.

When the story broke about the Dros rapist, people were looking for more blood too flow.

I was looking at social media and I thought: Damn. This oke has no where to run. His face was plastered everywhere...when you google his name, this is what he will be known for. On his facebook profile, there was a section where he announced he got engaged. The comments on that balooned to over 12k comments before his profile was deleted. Those comments where not along the line of: congrats.wishing you all the best.

Maybe in the future this social justice penalty is a good sanction against someone. Not being able to hide. Ever.

They will walk past you and you will see them looking at you. Their eyes following you. Talking about you behind your back. Trying to defend yourself and your actions on social media...

In 2018, people do things for likes and kudos...it is a fact. Having likes, kudos, followers and friends make us feel socailly connected. we feel rejected when we don’t get it anymore, when we become social outcasts. Maybe this is the real penalty.

Riding past a previous doper with socks that scream: dopers suck...maybe getting your feelings hurt on social media is going to be a thing for our children. We might not care, but your socially media connected children will. Would you want your kid to grow up and have the world know a really crappy story about daddy?

http://orville.wikia.com/wiki/Majority_Rule

Off topic here but I call bull^& on that story. Family business went bust literally a week or 2 after that story. I cannot believe that a successfully run business will go bust in that short space of time simply because of a half-hearted social media campaign. I think that business was already in deep trouble and the whole story just gave them a convenient excuse.

Not familiar with the specifics of that situation, but any company that loses a lot of its major customers in a short space of time would struggle to stay running.

Off topic here but I call bull^& on that story. Family business went bust literally a week or 2 after that story. I cannot believe that a successfully run business will go bust in that short space of time simply because of  a half-hearted social media campaign. I think that business was already in deep trouble  and the whole story just gave them a convenient excuse.

Yeah, there is still the big 4 :D 

The nice thing is social media warriors only have an attention span of 1 week at most. 

Pretty sure Penny Sparrow's realtor company is bankrupt.....

We are way off the KE topic here but seeing how quickly a media avalanche can destroy a person and/or business, I would seriously considering closing doors or some other drastic cost saving measure immediately such a storm broke.

Pretty sure Penny Sparrow's realtor company is bankrupt.....

Last time I checked Jawitz properties is doing fine