Dopers suck

fandacious

my contribution was not valued despite the source being CSA & was discussed to death right here on the bike hub, so I'm removing the names I originally posted. Cheers

Edited by milky4130

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm kinda on the fence about j2c - i feel their ban should be more retroactive. It would suck having some known dopers racing j2c because of the short ban period.

anyways anyone caught from here on will not be allowed at their event, and that can only be a good thing

Guest Lancesball

I wish they would test more vets, honestly.

They test plenty at events this whole every vet is dirty is not true. They strong and do well cause the current crop of Elite riders are pretty average except a handful.

Problem with testing before events as some suggested, is that if you are smart, you dope off-season, build that form. Chances of getting tested is much lower.

Then there is coaching staff that may have influence, whom should also be targeted, think Neotel. (Cyclists had to get his supply some where). If you are a coach, surely you'll see a spike in form. Good team, 2 caught doping on the team. They are still racing, coach is still coaching... 

The sport is still so small in comparison to rugby, cricket etc in SA. 

Some races (like @PEPlett) have taken a hard stance against dopers and refused to allow them to race, and stripped them of titles. Other races welcome previously sanctioned cheats back with open arms.

Its time for cyclists to take a stand and say: "We refuse to pay to enter a race that allows known cheats back into the fold".

To this end I'm compiling a list of "dirty" and "awesome" races.

I'd love the community help on this, so please let me know why a race is dirty or awesome

#doperssuck

http://doperssuck.co.za

Trying to think, but are there any road races that have a similar stance as Epic etc?

The problem with life bans based purely on a single positive test is that false positives do happen. Rare, but not non existant. There was even a comment in the statement regarding the Bloem lab that one of the aspects in the failed lab cert was false positives.

I am all for banning organised dopers from sport, never mind just races, like Lance but a once off lab result is not reliable enough.

I decide on which races to do based on how much I enjoy them, am able to afford them, have the time to commit to train for them and other factors such as safety.

No way I am going to factor in their attitude to dopers. I don't win anyway. I don't like the fact that people dope, I won't knowingly dope. But I won't allow people that are doping to affect my behavior or choice of races in any way. I don't care enough about what other people do.

Let me help you out here. Its not about punishing ex-dopers.

Its about creating a cullture of not accepting dopers, to help discourage other guys from doping in the future.

As Eddy put so well, if you make the price of doping too high, less people will tend to do it.

Isn't that an oxymoron?

By encouraging races to ban them is sure as hell a form of punishment.

While I've been proposing life long bans or death sentences (from a cycling perspective) ever since i joined the hub I'd like to see this initiative expand further, ban all cheats including those who take short cuts, pain killers, smoke dope before, during and after events, ride under the influence of alcohol, those who purposefully cross the white line so they can ride others into the gutter...etc.... the buck imo does not stop with the top riders....they are also amongst us... :eek:

I can hear the "they don't matter hypocrite chorus already"  

Sorry i joined so late on a Friday evening

Edited by SwissVan

For how long should a person be punished? These guys were caught, they have been punished, they have served their sentence. You cannot keep on ostracising them for past mistakes.

Take Owen Hannie as an example. He was bust in 2000. That is 16 years ago. Now people are opening up old wounds. He has done more for cycling since then than most Hubbers put together.

Those of you that are intent on boycotting events that allow "rehabilitated dopers" to compete, put your money where your mouth is and cancel your Supersport subscription. If you are prepared to boycott events that allow ex-dopers, then boycott Supersport for employing ex-dopers.

This ????????.

Fand are you adding Daryl Impey to your list? Or should we not open that discussion?

Only if you get caught and were punished should you be on the list?

I agree with some of the guys, these guys have been punished, some for cheating deliberately, some for taking a banned substance by accident and maybe some for a false positive.

Lots cheated and were never caught although we all suspect them, should we race in the same races as them?

I will not let your list dictate which races I am going to do, for that the system is way too flawed.

The big races with big sponsors can ban these guys. However , smaller races with smaller sponsors start this and soon the races numbers will dwindle and those sponsors will disappear and be lost forever. Only thing that suffers is cycling. One day people will wake up and see that this sport goes hand in hand with doping. Like a lot of other sports in this age.

Guest Lancesball

If you are a coach, surely you'll see a spike in form.

Yes, its as easy and simple as that. 

You have no idea.