Post your woodwork here

Slowbee

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats the best way to fix this? I cannot push the two parts together to close the gap as it doesnt seem to close all the way.

The pictures uploaded skew...thus is the top lef part of the cabinet.

I never knew you work such sparkly earrings AlanD :P

I never knew you work such sparkly earrings AlanD :P

That's just a small portion of my precious sparkles....you should see the rest...I find they balance out my head out while on the bike...lol

Hi There,

I did not know about this thread so posted my project under a separate topic first - was then advised to post it here as well.

I built this table / pool table over the past 2.5 years.  It comfortably seats 14 people, can be used for table tennis (standard size) and obviously a pool table as well.  The top consist of two halves that can be removed / replaced to switch between the table / pool table.

The pool top is slate.  The wood is African Rosewood.

post-50518-0-95356200-1488777196_thumb.jpg

post-50518-0-22579500-1488777206_thumb.jpg

post-50518-0-45342500-1488777217_thumb.jpg

post-50518-0-19304600-1488777230_thumb.jpg

post-50518-0-97859000-1488777243_thumb.jpg

post-50518-0-82049800-1488777260_thumb.jpg

Hi There,

I did not know about this thread so posted my project under a separate topic first - was then advised to post it here as well.

I built this table / pool table over the past 2.5 years.  It comfortably seats 14 people, can be used for table tennis (standard size) and obviously a pool table as well.  The top consist of two halves that can be removed / replaced to switch between the table / pool table.

You Sir, are a master.

In my experience BW are massively overpriced so I avoid them like the plague.

I would also prefer to go somewhere where I can get some advice from a shop attendant that knows what they are talking about.

Try:  

www.toolcraft.co.za

66 Victoria Road, Plumstead Tel: 021 7051247

Chat to Brian (owner) or Michael

Damn but business took a sudden nose dive Mid-February. Anyone else in the trades also getting that? 

Slow December. Interminable January. So-so February. OK March so far. Suddenly everyone wants stuff before winter, bwahaha!

Hi There,

Looks like it should be in Fine Woodworking magazine. Neatly done!

Looks like it should be in Fine Woodworking magazine. Neatly done!

Thank you.  But the pictures does not show all the small mistakes...   :blush:. Next one will be better...

Thank you.  But the pictures does not show all the small mistakes...   :blush:. Next one will be better...

In that case I'll buy the one with all the mistakes from you for cheap cheap  :blush:

In that case I'll buy the one with all the mistakes from you for cheap cheap  :blush:

Fat chance, all the small mistakes is where the sentimental value sits.  This one not for sale!  

But I will make you another one for not such a cheap price.   :D

Hi There,

This is really nicely done, well done and wish many many years of use...

Hi There,

LEVEL MASTER

CLOSE THREAD

Excellent craftsmanship

Hi There, 

I made a few pens (for sale) to support a young Gauteng rider to get to to the SA Track Champs in Belville in April. He did get a medal or two last year and I would hate for him to miss this year's event due to finances. The proceeds will be used towards his travelling and accommodation cost. 

Please see the ads for more details.

https://www.bikehub.co.za/classifieds/239789-auction-handmade-pen-for-sa-track-champs/

https://www.bikehub.co.za/classifieds/239791-handmade-pens-for-sa-track-champs/

post-50518-0-55850900-1489947357_thumb.jpg

post-50518-0-27585200-1489947369_thumb.jpg